The Student Room Group

Anyone studying any law degree?

Hi

is anyone studying a law degree at any of these universities or has recieved an offer from them recently i got an offer from LJMU this morning for law and criminology my other options are Liverpool university which is where i really wanna go,birmingham city,manchester met and the university of chester

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by tarteeliax
Hi

is anyone studying a law degree at any of these universities or has recieved an offer from them recently i got an offer from LJMU this morning for law and criminology my other options are Liverpool university which is where i really wanna go,birmingham city,manchester met and the university of chester

uni of liverpool is usually undersubscribed for LLB every year. you'll always see the uni and the LLB course in the clearing list which is published by the Telegraph or the Independent or both, every year.

the issue is whether you're an international student or not. i can't help but feel that during the 'clearing' phase, international students tend to get offers over local students? i know for a fact that last year there were 15 or more students from a particular foreign country doing the LLB at liverpool uni.
Reply 2
oh my im not an international student im from manchester and what do you mean exactly by undersubscribed?
that i wont get in
Reply 3
oh my im not an international student im from manchester and what do you mean exactly by undersubscribed?
that i wont get in

undersubscribed means that the number of students applying to the university overall or for certain courses, are low. so because of that, they'll have many places during the 'Clearing' phase. thats when students who've been rejected by all their unis will scramble to call the unis on the 'Clearing' list and then beg for a uni place.

based on the unis that you listed to go to I would say work hard to get into Uni of Liverpool. its the best uni on your list. so make sure that your UCAS application is done properly, your Personal Statement is free from grammatical errors and is strong in terms of substance and that your reference by your teacher is done as well as possible.
Reply 4
I know I really wanna get in انشالله
I got an offer from LJMU so I'm DEFO going to uni but I do wanna go to Liverpool university it is a Russell group

Your comment about undersubscribed hopefully means I'll be more likely to get in place due to no one applying for it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5

Your comment about undersubscribed hopefully means I'll be more likely to get in place due to no one applying for it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

yes. but that was the case for previous years. you had better study now. you must be a fool to want to go to LJMU instead of Uni of Liverpool. Uni of Liverpool is so much better and its way easier to get high marks. so you better start studying now. ok?
Reply 6
Wtf of course I wanna go to the university of liverpool over LJMU no doubt about it 100% lets just hope and pray I get an offer

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
I have received a letter of confirmation 3 days ago...btw your very scary in terms of the way you talk about all of this I do understand how difficult it is and the severity of all this Ucas uni stuff

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
How can i study now?
I'm doing my a levels

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
How can i study now?
I'm doing my a levels

Posted from TSR Mobile

What A-Levels are you doing?

Btw, for your insurance choice I would pick man met out of the others if you get an offer
Reply 10
IM DOING PSYCHOLOGY SOCIOLOGY AND ICT AND CAN I JUST ADD I GOT IN THE UNIVERSITY OF LIVERPOOL OH MY GOD!!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
Why man met?! X

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
IM DOING PSYCHOLOGY SOCIOLOGY AND ICT AND CAN I JUST ADD I GOT IN THE UNIVERSITY OF LIVERPOOL OH MY GOD!!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well done! :smile:

You could start to revise by rewriting any notes you make in class so they'll be easier to revise from, and the generally reviewing them each week/month so it stays fresh in your mind. When it gets closer to exams just revise like you usually would for an exam :smile:

& I guess it's better for job prospects than ljm or Birmingham, and if you want to be a solicitor Manchester has a lot of law fairs :smile: I'm no expert though so don't take my word for it lol
Reply 13
Ohhhhhhh you guys meant revision as in for my A levels oh don't worry about that! I'm doing everything from flash cards to past paper questions to timed essays at home... I thought you meant in terms of for my law degree!!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14
Can anyone tell me do Liverpool offer interviews or is a conditional offer a conditional offer just like that?!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
Can anyone tell me do Liverpool offer interviews or is a conditional offer a conditional offer just like that?!

Posted from TSR Mobile

If you already have an offer you shouldn't have an interview :smile:
Reply 16
Just get an offer from manchester met!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Aim for the University of Liverpool. They only require ABB for law.
Reply 18
Again law is crap
**** the law **** the police

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 19
I will do thankyou for the heads up I will try everything to get into liverpool

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply