The Student Room Group

Why do some girls never offer to pay on dates?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by joker12345
Except not a dumb question at all. You said "A guy asks me on a date. I agree to go on the date with him. And I have to bring out my purse and pay for the date I was invited on?"
Implying that because you were invited, you shouldn't have to pay. So clearly it isn't about the inviting. It's simply sexism.

Yes it is dumb because you wanted to be smart and imply that I would do it to my friends. A DATE is different from going out with a friend even if he is male like I said before.
Pls don't come at me with that sexism rubbish not interested in that.
Seems like it's the "cool" thing to be a feminist on the TSR
Original post by Yemiisii
Yes it is dumb because you wanted to be smart and imply that I would do it to my friends. A DATE is different from going out with a friend even if he is male like I said before.
Pls don't come at me with that sexism rubbish not interested in that.
Seems like it's the "cool" thing to be a feminist on the TSR

No, I didnt think you'd do it to your friends. That was my whole point, it isn't because he invited you on the date, it's because he's a guy, and in a relationship you expect to be able to leech off him.
Feel free to stop replying if you're uninterested, it's still sexism.
the best way to finish a date if the girl doesn't pay

'will you pay for the meal?'

'answer: no'

'but... gender equality'

'answer: no'

'right back in a sec just need to use the bathroom'

leg it
No, I didnt think you'd do it to your friends. That was my whole point, it isn't because he invited you on the date, it's because he's a guy, and in a relationship you expect to be able to leech off him.

Just giving my own 2 cents but going out with friends is often, so more normal that each manages their own budget. Also it's more of a joined decision usually of where and what

Point of a first date is there's only one.. so it's hardly "leeching off" , especially as if he's inviting, he's picking the place and so the scale of spending.
((That being said I like to pay my own share, just wanted to say how going out with friends just ain t the same..))

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Maudee4567
Just giving my own 2 cents but going out with friends is often, so more normal that each manages their own budget. Also it's more of a joined decision usually of where and what

Point of a first date is there's only one.. so it's hardly "leeching off" , especially as if he's inviting, he's picking the place and so the scale of spending.
((That being said I like to pay my own share, just wanted to say how going out with friends just ain t the same..))

Posted from TSR Mobile

Surely it bring often makes it more appropriate that people pay for each other, as it evens out?
It certainly is leeching off. She's under no obligation to date him again, so could meet 10 guys for first dates, getting free meals from them all.
I would agree that if he chooses to pick a more expensive place he should probably pay. But the issue here is that she expects him to. Even if he asked her where she'd like to go and she chose, she'd likely say the same thing.
It is similar in the sense that one person can invite. But both share costs, usually. It's not expected for someone to pay just because of their gender.

Very uninterested :ciao:
If a guy can't afford to pay for dates, then he shouldn't be dating! No woman wants a broke man.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending