The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

A2 Predicted Grades

So my sixth form kind of messed up my predicted grades and gave me AAB instead of AAA.
I got AABB at AS and was really expecting at least AAA for A2. I'm really disappointed, I was going to apply for LSE, Warwick and Kings but I've now been advised to pick only two of those.
So annoying how these universities has now become an 'aspirational' choice when it nearly could have been attainable.
Should I bother applying with AAB for International Relations? What are my chances of getting an offer?
Any advice is appreciated, this has really messed things up for me and I now have to find new universities to apply for :frown:
Thank you!
Reply 1
Original post by rachlily
So my sixth form kind of messed up my predicted grades and gave me AAB instead of AAA.
I got AABB at AS and was really expecting at least AAA for A2. I'm really disappointed, I was going to apply for LSE, Warwick and Kings but I've now been advised to pick only two of those.
So annoying how these universities has now become an 'aspirational' choice when it nearly could have been attainable.
Should I bother applying with AAB for International Relations? What are my chances of getting an offer?
Any advice is appreciated, this has really messed things up for me and I now have to find new universities to apply for :frown:
Thank you!

Hi there,

This is not impossible if you're now really working to pull those grades up! I can't give specific advice about the course as I do Film and Lit (requirements also AAB though) but I was a straight A and A* student at GCSE, who achieved A, B, C, C, at AS and was SO disappointed! However, I still applied to Warwick, got invited to interview, and at the interview really spoke in depth about my grades and how I was going to really pull them up and how I had learnt from my mistakes and all that. They asked me a lot of questions about the grades and I essentially was working to convince them that I could do it. I was offered a place and worked solidly and achieved A*, A, B, C at A2, so don't give up if you know you can kick the grades up! :smile:
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
A*A*A
Original post by rachlily
So my sixth form kind of messed up my predicted grades and gave me AAB instead of AAA.!

Original post by dmrich
x

Can't agree more with dmrich!

To be honest, universities know that schools tend to blow some grades out of proportion anyway so that is why a lot of universities interview, have extra exams, look at your personal statement etc etc.

Being 'the right candidate' isn't always about being good on paper. Think about it, there are people with A*A*A*A* and get rejected from Oxbridge, Harvard and Yale (and so on and so forth) - the grades aren't everything.

dmrich makes a good point too with their grades. It's predicted grades. Not your actual grades! You can excel them, do worse, or do exactly that. Who's to know? You don't, your teachers don't and neither will your potential uni choices. I doubt there are universities out there that look 100% on grades alone - so don't be disheartened! The only time when your grades count completely is during clearing....

Of course, hard work is involved. Be prepared :biggrin: But it'll all be worth it in the end.

ps. what's your other choice of uni? your 'backup' option i would presume.

Quick Reply

Latest