The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE 2015 Applicant for Accounting and Finance

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by ivy qiu
was into my last day of my 8week email too, yet received an email telling me to wait for another 4 weeks:frown:

Im in my 7th week... Do u mind sharing ur predicted grades?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 61
Original post by Zenith154
UNCONDITIONAL OFFER. Was into my last day of my 8 week email. Relief is a severe understatement

congrats man!

so lse usually gives offer on the last day of the 8th week

god damn lol mine has only been 2 weeks. 6 weeks to go!
I was pleasantly surprised with a congratulatory email from LSE yesterday, since I only applied on January 15th. That would mean I got my conditional offer (38 IB points with 6's in HL) after three weeks and one day.
Is anyone here going to the Offer Holders' Day in April? If so, hmu?
Best of luck to applicants still awaiting a response!
Reply 63
Original post by beabeaa_
I was pleasantly surprised with a congratulatory email from LSE yesterday, since I only applied on January 15th. That would mean I got my conditional offer (38 IB points with 6's in HL) after three weeks and one day.
Is anyone here going to the Offer Holders' Day in April? If so, hmu?
Best of luck to applicants still awaiting a response!

damn congrats man, i also applied around that time. i am still on my 2/8 week. what was your predicted grade? your predicted grade must be amazing. when did you receive your 8 week email?
Original post by daehwil
damn congrats man, i also applied around that time. i am still on my 2/8 week. what was your predicted grade? your predicted grade must be amazing. when did you receive your 8 week email?

Thank you! I'm predicted 44 points in total (my German is a bit..weak). I was notified of the 8 weeks thing on January 30th, actually - so that would mean exactly 1 week passed before I got my offer. Mmm but I don't think my grades are what made me 'stand out'. Good luck to you!
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 65
Thank you! I'm predicted 44 points in total (my German is a bit..weak). I was notified of the 8 weeks thing on January 30th, actually - so that would mean exactly 1 week passed before I got my offer. Mmm but I don't think my grades are what made me 'stand out'. Good luck to you!

LOL you joking that your grades weren't the one that made you stand out? 44 is insanely good man! be proud of yourself. i am only 41 so i have less chance.
do you think you wrote a good personal statement? did you follow what lse wants for ps on their website?
damn after 1 week, that was fast lol. wish me luck too!
Original post by daehwil
LOL you joking that your grades weren't the one that made you stand out? 44 is insanely good man! be proud of yourself. i am only 41 so i have less chance.
do you think you wrote a good personal statement? did you follow what lse wants for ps on their website?

Ah, I am proud of my academic standing haha, and yes, I do think I wrote a good personal statement. How else would I be accepted into THE London School of Economics?
:colondollar:

I had to go back to my personal statement to answer you properly. Bc of my predicted's, my counselor urged me to focus entirely on the research I have done (and where and for whom) and achievements/positions I have earned as a result of them, and that's exactly what I did. You get a sense of 'woah she's done a lot' when you read it, I think.

I laughed at your 'only a 41' comment. That's nothing to sneeze at, okay? Stay hopeful!
Reply 67
Original post by normandi
Im in my 7th week... Do u mind sharing ur predicted grades?

My school doesnt allow us to know our predicted grade, but i got 4As for my AS. Best of luck to your final week!
Original post by daehwil

Just to point out, sometimes you don't need to follow what the LSE website says. I wrote about my experiences outside of my academic life and what I was doing in my National Service and how giving back to the community is the true purpose of my journey, linking it to finance and apparently they liked it. Key is to be unique. Whatever you think will be extraordinary or something the academic selector doesn't usually come across (in a good way) is the best personal statement in my opinion.
Reply 69
Ah, I am proud of my academic standing haha, and yes, I do think I wrote a good personal statement. How else would I be accepted into THE London School of Economics?
:colondollar:

I had to go back to my personal statement to answer you properly. Bc of my predicted's, my counselor urged me to focus entirely on the research I have done (and where and for whom) and achievements/positions I have earned as a result of them, and that's exactly what I did. You get a sense of 'woah she's done a lot' when you read it, I think.

I laughed at your 'only a 41' comment. That's nothing to sneeze at, okay? Stay hopeful!

Thank you for your reply!. Argh some says you need to include extra readings related to the course some says this. blah

So there is no definite answer on how to write a good personal statement?. My ps is about what I have done to equip sufficient ability, attribute to successfully study the course. I wished my counselor helped me with the ps. It was very independent for me.

yes i will stay hopefullll thanksssssssss
Reply 70
Original post by Zenith154
Just to point out, sometimes you don't need to follow what the LSE website says. I wrote about my experiences outside of my academic life and what I was doing in my National Service and how giving back to the community is the true purpose of my journey, linking it to finance and apparently they liked it. Key is to be unique. Whatever you think will be extraordinary or something the academic selector doesn't usually come across (in a good way) is the best personal statement in my opinion.

you could have done that cuz you had really good final grade man. so jealous. but anyway now i see that you need to link back to the course on whatever you have wrote. so there is not use of writing wonderfull thing if you dont link it back to the course right?
Original post by daehwil
Thank you for your reply!. Argh some says you need to include extra readings related to the course some says this. blah

So there is no definite answer on how to write a good personal statement?. My ps is about what I have done to equip sufficient ability, attribute to successfully study the course. I wished my counselor helped me with the ps. It was very independent for me.

yes i will stay hopefullll thanksssssssss

Haha there is no 'one best way' to write a personal statement; it's kinda a personal thing, ya know. It sounds like you have a good, focused statement, though, and don't worry about the counselor thing. My school assigns a counselor to everyone and mine didn't actually have much of a say in anything I did (partially because she has several other students and partially because I preferred it that way). Let me know when you hear a decision :smile: wishing you well!
Original post by daehwil
you could have done that cuz you had really good final grade man. so jealous. but anyway now i see that you need to link back to the course on whatever you have wrote. so there is not use of writing wonderfull thing if you dont link it back to the course right?

Somehow I feel like one needs to demonstrate an interest in and commitment to a course on top of showing your competence in the personal statement. Writing something unrelated to the course you apply for definitely won't be of any help, that's for sure. But giving the admissions officer a nuance of your personality/character can't be harmful, I think.
Reply 73
Haha there is no 'one best way' to write a personal statement; it's kinda a personal thing, ya know. It sounds like you have a good, focused statement, though, and don't worry about the counselor thing. My school assigns a counselor to everyone and mine didn't actually have much of a say in anything I did (partially because she has several other students and partially because I preferred it that way). Let me know when you hear a decision :smile: wishing you well!

Somehow I feel like one needs to demonstrate an interest in and commitment to a course on top of showing your competence in the personal statement. Writing something unrelated to the course you apply for definitely won't be of any help, that's for sure. But giving the admissions officer a nuance of your personality/character can't be harmful, I think.

yeah, I think i have shown some interest and commitment toward the courses. i tried as humble as possible while writing ps, i think i should have showed off more lol.
i hope that my ps is good enough to get me in and i hope to see you in the campus!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thank you!
Reply 74
Guys, I have a problem: I applied without GMAT or GRE score and after 2 weeks, an e-mail came by saying my application is incomplete. Is there any way to apply for this program without GRE or GMAT score?
Reply 75
Any Accounting and Finance offers recently?
Reply 76
Any offers? :smile:
Reply 77
Yep... got mine 4 days ago!

I just need to choose between warwick and lse now
hEY GUYS SO im thinking of doing A&F preferably at LSE but i dont have maths as an AS level...do you think that will hurt my chances? Thanks in advance!
Original post by drgainz
Yep... got mine 4 days ago!

I just need to choose between warwick and lse now

Omg! I am also confused about which one to choose out of warwick and lse. Which one do you prefer?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending