The Student Room Group

Who still hasn't applied to universities?

When are you planning to apply to universities?
My aim is to send my UCAS application by mid December.

Scroll to see replies

Our deadline is 3rd of Nov so my application should be sent of some time that week or early the next week
Mine was sent off on October 3rd to UCAS. I have one offer which is on Track and two where the universities are being stupidly slow to update Track. It helps take your mind off it, by applying early.
Reply 3
Original post by MidnightDream
Our deadline is 3rd of Nov so my application should be sent of some time that week or early the next week

Our college doesn't even have a deadline.They want our personal statements to be as strong as possible,hence,giving us more time :wink:
Original post by Skill Twix
Our college doesn't even have a deadline.They want our personal statements to be as strong as possible,hence,giving us more time :wink:

Except for most people, they wont be any stronger. The majority of your school will write them the week before the deadline.
Reply 5
Original post by Alex347_
Except for most people, they wont be any stronger. The majority of your school will write them the week before the deadline.

I've started it last week.My opening paragraph seemed boring at first but made some changes and it looked perfect.Asked my teachers and friends at unis about it,they claimed it was quite captivating.
I've started it last week.My opening paragraph seemed boring at first but made some changes and it looked perfect.Asked my teachers and friends at unis about it,they claimed it was quite captivating.

Don't know what the relevance of your reply is.
Reply 7
Original post by Alex347_
Don't know what the relevance of your reply is.

lol!Many of my friends haven't started yet.I found it quite useful that our college doesn't have a deadline!

My school made us start writing ours at the end of year 12, we've had absolutely ages :laugh: colleges seem to have either later deadlines or none anyhoo
I'm probably going to send mine off mid/end of december. I wanna work on it for as long as i can :smile:
Original post by hadukilami
I'm probably going to send mine off mid/end of december. I wanna work on it for as long as i can :smile:

Same here.Want my PS to be really strong!
Original post by MidnightDream
My school made us start writing ours at the end of year 12, we've had absolutely ages :laugh: colleges seem to have either later deadlines or none anyhoo

Wow Grade 12!We don't have any deadline! lol
My school deadline was 22nd October and I've been ready for 2 weeks but ny reference hasn't even been started yet! Hope to send it off ASAP but can't until I'm back at school to check my reference and just check it all over with my head of sixth form. Good luck everyone :smile:
Original post by alice_c_97
My school deadline was 22nd October and I've been ready for 2 weeks but ny reference hasn't even been started yet! Hope to send it off ASAP but can't until I'm back at school to check my reference and just check it all over with my head of sixth form. Good luck everyone :smile:

Oh good luck!
Calm yer fat tits, it's still October, the deadline is Jan.
my college deadline is today (24th oct) and mines sent today and got the welcome email 10 mins after... so exited now
Sent mine off to do neuroscience today, I am just glad it is out of the way now. You can get a strong personal statement through any amount of time to be honest, you don't need right up until the deadline cause as has already been said, it won't be any stronger, it just allows lazy people to not do it until the last minute.
Original post by LordPhylogeny
Sent mine off to do neuroscience today, I am just glad it is out of the way now. You can get a strong personal statement through any amount of time to be honest, you don't need right up until the deadline cause as has already been said, it won't be any stronger, it just allows lazy people to not do it until the last minute.

Well said!I started my personal statement late.Will be done with it by the 5th of next month.Requested my school to write a reference for me!
Well said!I started my personal statement late.Will be done with it by the 5th of next month.Requested my school to write a reference for me!

Good call, My school were really good with my references, although it took a long time to get it, they were really good so I'm pretty hopeful it all goes well.

What are you applying for and where?
Original post by LordPhylogeny
Good call, My school were really good with my references, although it took a long time to get it, they were really good so I'm pretty hopeful it all goes well.

What are you applying for and where?

Well,I am applying for Economics.I am quite undecided where to apply because I am concentrating a lot on my personal statement.I've produced a shortlist.It's KCL/UCL,Bath/Bristol,Warwick,Manchester and Leeds/Birmingham!
What about you?
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply