The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Scroll to see replies

Deathscythe HG
I'm sure if you ask every law students out there they will tell you their favourite subject is Criminal Law.:smile: I still think my class teacher is the best...Mike Redmayne!!:biggrin:

You got Redmayne?!?! Grrrr not fair!!!

Ha I should neg rep you just for that :p:
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Yep Redmayne rocks! Haha. And did I mention that Redmayne is my personal tutor too? :biggrin:
Seriously?!?! Oh thats so unfair! My personal tutor was lovely but still... :frown: Redmayne is the only one who I can actually understand just like that with minimal effort lol.. I dunno it might just be the subject but I think he is a wicked lecturer.. He does things at a good pace like he doesnt elaborate too much on some points then run out of time at the end, he doesnt talk too quickly, he gives good examples that help you see the point. Grrr what class group are you in henry?
Group 7 for three subjects:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:. Well all my class teachers are so cool!!!
Criminal Law - Mike Redmayne
Law of Obligations - Igor Stramignoni (Though the Italian accent is heavy,he's good)
Public Law - Thomas Poole
ILS - Thomas Poole (Group 4)
I have:

Criminal: Jill Peay (really nice and a good teacher)
Public: Joe Jacobs (........ infer what you may :p: )
Obligations: Gorgio Monti (again very good)
ILS: I dont actually know what the guy is called but he is also pretty good... Mmm the name Tom rings a bell though so maybe its Thomas Poole I have
Yep Redmayne is good. He explains things in a simple manner and makes it easier for us to understand (if Roberts is my class teacher,I can't imagine what will happen). But to tell the truth my favourite lecturer is Loughlin. The reason why I like him is not that he's cute(sorry Alex :p:),but it's because he has no accent and he speaks COHERENTLY. This is very important considering that I'm not from the UK. Redmayne still has an English accent though. Stramignoni is good. Conducts lessons well and explains the concepts clearly although one of my classmates don't like him as he thinks he's too fast-paced. To me he's perfectly fine :smile:. Poole is another great teacher. Conducts class in an informal manner, cracks jokes from time to time and not heavily accented.
Deathscythe HG
Yep Redmayne is good. He explains things in a simple manner and makes it easier for us to understand (if Roberts is my class teacher,I can't imagine what will happen). But to tell the truth my favourite lecturer is Loughlin. The reason why I like him is not that he's cute(sorry Alex :p:),but it's because he has no accent and he speaks COHERENTLY. This is very important considering that I'm not from the UK. Redmayne still has an English accent though. Stramignoni is good. Conducts lessons well and explains the concepts clearly although one of my classmates don't like him as he thinks he's too fast-paced. To me he's perfectly fine :smile:. Poole is another great teacher. Conducts class in an informal manner, cracks jokes from time to time and not heavily accented.

Loughlin has much more of an accent than Redmayne does! I think Loughlin is a good lecturer anyway. But I also like the guy who does the obligations lectures - can't remember his name now. Simon Roberts is the only lecturer I have issues with.. and I don't mean it in a horrible way I mean he is so sweet and all but he cannot lecture well.. not to my taste anyway.. but it seems that that is the general consensus so I am not too worried now...
And I think Redmayne is more coherent than Loughlin. But then again thats maybe because criminal law is more logical to me, I just understand it more easily. The part of public law I like is the historical element.. but I doubt at the end of it whether that will even be relevant!
Strange though. I find Loughlin speaks more coherently than Redmayne...Hmmm this is odd. Oh yes Hugh Collins is good too. Lol his examples were awesome!

Edited : Redmayne vs Loughlin. Who speaks more coherently? Guys give your opinion,especially Sam. I wanna hear your views. Lol I think I know who Alex is going to support.
lol I detect an Irish accent when I listen to Loughlin.. but that might just be me being random...
Ha Ha I wonder if them two finally managed to meet today.. Or knowing them they were probably sitting next to eachother again but chatting on the net :p:
YEa it was so funny! Sat back to back browsing TSR,posting messages to one another. Gosh!
indeed it was.. even though it was us who looked stupid lol but the joke was on them in the end :p:
Anyway I am off so see you tomorrow.. Gotta do some reading for my obligations class tomorrow :rolleyes: :bawling: :rolleyes:
Yea see you all. I'd better be off too studying Contract Law.
Reply 495
Deathscythe HG
Yep no prob! Hey you are home already? That's fast! And are you a subscriber now?

Yeah, it just takes me 20 mins to get to home, and yes, I am a subscriber now. £10 for 3 months seems 'O.K.', right?

Bittersweet Sympthony
Who do you have for Criminal Law then?

Honeslty, I have no idea. Let me check on LSE for You (1984 goes an checks on LSE for You lol). Its a Professor R Baldwin. His alright. Nothing amazing to be honest.

Deathscythe HG
Wow I was really shocked when I browsed through the past year exams essays for ILS. They all seem to be so hard!!! Anyone finds them hard too? I still think Public Law is ok though when I looked through them.

Yes, I see what you mean. Hopefully, by March, we will be more familiar with the subject, so the exam paper will not be as daunting.

I just really don't understand how someone can can have a real social life and be on top of their studies. Perhaps I'm not as well organised, or not intelligent enough, but I am swamped already, and its only the 4th week :eek:

Just read the entire Jackson case, and now I have begun reading A v AG, which is about 100 pages long. :eek:

If IM still alive by tomorrow, ill see you lot then lol.
Reply 496
Deathscythe HG
I'm sure if you ask every law students out there they will tell you their favourite subject is Criminal Law.:smile: I still think my class teacher is the best...Mike Redmayne!!:biggrin:

Damn you!!!I want to be in your class!:p:
Reply 497
Bittersweet Symphony
indeed it was.. even though it was us who looked stupid lol but the joke was on them in the end :p:

Lol nooooooo you and Henry looked like the insane ones.....chatting to random people on the computers!:p:
Reply 498
Bittersweet Symphony
Anyway I am off so see you tomorrow.. Gotta do some reading for my obligations class tomorrow :rolleyes: :bawling: :rolleyes:

See you tommorow or later today in fact I'm a little late here!:p:ohhh emma are you still coming to the eid party?!......and me and Sam still haven't properly met!:p:
Dearie me people! Loughlin has an Irish name but he comes from Durham so he has a Durhamish accent! tst tst

Indeed dr.Mike is very very good, Hugh Collins i think is super - excellent pace which gives you enough time to write down the stuff, speaks simply, says good jokes and contract is very fascinating! Loughlin - aaaahhh, absolutely amazing as previously stated; i get whatever accent he has, he says things simply, excellent subject (yep emma definately, excellent history!! bring on the glorious revolution!!!!) and i generally look forward to it!! Erm.. simon roberts is a bit of a no-no.. lovely little man who loves clapping himself after every lecture BUT cannot teach to save his life..

For contract class i have Georgio Monti - AMAZING! He's adorable and i love the way he teaches! go monti!!!
And jo jacob.. dont want to really go into that right now..
And Jill Peay - ive changed my mind on her actually, she is cool :smile:

Hmm.. to summarise! i like all my lecturers actually.. its a real struggle keeping on top - well not on top, but near the top, with the subjects..! Thoroughly enjoy law at this current moment in time! :smile: Ask me again tomorrow and you'll hear my final suicide note!! xxxxxxx

Latest

Trending

Trending