The Student Room Group

Need help motivating myself into doing homework and revising.

As much as I've tried doing my homework throughout this half term, every time I've looked at it it's made me almost angry and I've just gone to playin games or watching TV. Any ideas on how to get myself to do it?

Thanks in advance.
Original post by Forceflow1
As much as I've tried doing my homework throughout this half term, every time I've looked at it it's made me almost angry and I've just gone to playin games or watching TV. Any ideas on how to get myself to do it?

Thanks in advance.

Why does it make you feel angry?

I used to do A level maths but I ended up failing spectacularly because I got really angry when I'd try understanding the work. I just couldn't do it, no matter how many hours I'd sit struggling to understand it. So in the end I never bothered doing my maths work.

I'm going to assume that you definitely need to do this homework. so.. I would say try going through all your notes on what the homework's on or try looking up anything you don't understand. Definitely go to the teacher for help. If they know you're struggling they will try to help you as much as possible.

If it's just a matter of you can't be bothered then you need to shut yourself off from distractions and start off by doing the simplest thing. When I feel like this I just tell myself to just read through what I have to do, that's it. That seems to do the trick because I'm then relaxed enough to actually start the work; the task doesn't seem so daunting once I know exactly what I've got to do.

Hope this helps :smile:
I've got the same problem.I've been too complacent.I am doing A-levels.I've got too many things to do.
Need to jog for an hour,study Physics or Economics for 2 hours 30 minutes and study Maths for an hour.Finally,I've got to do some bit of my personal statement.
How can I stop procrastinating?How can I become more confident?How can I motivate myself?
Help
Reply 3
Thanks for the help. Maths is mainly the issue for me too. I suspect it is a matter of struggling to understand it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending