The Student Room Group

GCSE Revision, always procrastinating

Hi everyone,

Just needed some advice, as now there are only 2 weeks left till schools are starting. I needed to get my homework done , which I will probably as there is a deadline, however in regards to revision I always find myself putting it off and I feel like I will be behind compared to others in my school, how do I get myself to revise and enjoy it, and also get through it quickly, as I find myself taking so long to revise little things?
Thank you.
Hi, firstly, it's not only you, this happens to everyone once in a while so don't worry too much about it. What you can do is firstly, set a goal for yourself everyday. For example an hour or two, in which you cut out all kinds of distractions. When you set small/ short time targets, it's a lot more rewarding and you're always more likely to finish your task
Original post by rastgele biri
Hi, firstly, it's not only you, this happens to everyone once in a while so don't worry too much about it. What you can do is firstly, set a goal for yourself everyday. For example an hour or two, in which you cut out all kinds of distractions. When you set small/ short time targets, it's a lot more rewarding and you're always more likely to finish your task

Thank you! Will definitely try that, although I feel like I don't have enough time to finish everything, and I'm literally procrastinating right now instead of doing my homework :/
(edited 8 months ago)
Don't worry, once you give it a start, things will automatically fall into place. Also, do make a checklist for everyday as well, and make sure you only do as much as you can. With a checklist, ticking off things you've done also feels rewarding and motivating

Original post by cupcakeglorious6
Thank you! Will definitely try that, although I feel like I don't have enough time to finish everything, and I'm literally procrastinating right now instead of doing my homework :/
Original post by rastgele biri

Yes true! even I am pushing myself hard and encouraging myself for the next year as I need to get really great results!
Its fun when u like it..GOOD LUCK EVERYBODY!

Quick Reply

Latest