The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

University of Edinburgh Offer Holders 2015 Thread

Scroll to see replies

hey, offer holder for math and physics Bsc here.
Any one else from Berlin/Germany?
:smile:
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Reply 401
Original post by WilJones138
Yeah I have an offer and went to a visit day :smile: it was awesome the department and labs are really impressive and they showed us the layout of the five year masters to us, the department is only 20 ish minutes walk away from centre of town and halls, really recommend you going if you get the chance awesome city as well :P they don't call it the Athens of the North for nothing

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sweet, yeah it sounds amazing and I'd love to go for a visit but the engineering website said something like "successful applicants will be invited to visit days" but I got my offer two weeks ago and still haven't heard anything about a scheduled visit day. I might email them or something now though.
Yeah I'd definitely like to go and see Edinburgh, because I'm just back from Durham and thought their open day was excellent so I want to compare the two now to help with my decision!!
Good to hear about the department location, I was worried it looked a little far away on the maps but 20 mins is just a little stroll!
Original post by helenapraidell
Anyone got offers from Ireland? A good few of my friends and myself have applied but no one's heard anything back. We can only hope that the conversion to LC grades is what's the delay. The suspense really is killing me send my application in October!!

I'm from Ireland too and myself and a few friends are still waiting to hear but 2 of them received offers last week so I think its just down to the individual departments themselves :smile:
Has anyone received an offer for economics? :smile:
Original post by Petraa1997

still waiting for economics and maths, have you heard?
Original post by Mollypeta
still waiting for economics and maths, have you heard?

No, nothing....I hate the waiting process haha
Which country are you from?
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 406
Original post by Petraa1997

Nope, nothing yet, I'm from Scotland.
Still waiting on Edinburgh to reply for Law and I'm starting to stress :frown: friends have unconditional offers and the applicant days are next week or so for Law. What are the chances, realistically, of a default rejection?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Oliviarnh
Congrats! I'm waiting to hear back from them- could I be nosey and ask what grades they asked for? I just wondered whether they actually ask for the "typical offer"grades quoted on the website. Where else have you applied? Edinburgh is the last of mine to get back to me!

I've already done my A levels, so I got an unconditional offer. I got AAAA!
Original post by clampi2004
Conditional offer for psychology at Edinburgh, still waiting on hearing from QMU and Heriot Watt but think i will stick with Edinburgh only need 3B's on Arts and Humanities SWAP

Got the same offer for psychology! 😊
Original post by DBV997
Nope, nothing yet, I'm from Scotland.

I'm also from Scotland and still waiting
Does anyone know when accomadations opens for Edinburgh?
Has anyone here an offer for Russian+Politics or Philosophy+Politics??
Reply 413
Original post by oliwialidia

the website says late march
Reply 414
Original post by clampi2004
Conditional offer for psychology at Edinburgh, still waiting on hearing from QMU and Heriot Watt but think i will stick with Edinburgh only need 3B's on Arts and Humanities SWAP

3 B's for Psychology at Edinburgh!? I thought the usual offer was around AAA/AAB??
Original post by oliwialidia

I've already applied for mine :smile:
Original post by Hfblondey
I've already applied for mine :smile:

watch out, if you're using that link thats been floating around TSR - i emailed the accommodation office and they seemed to think that it was an old application link that shouldn't be working, since this year's applications aren't out yet.
Original post by michele394
watch out, if you're using that link thats been floating around TSR - i emailed the accommodation office and they seemed to think that it was an old application link that shouldn't be working, since this year's applications aren't out yet.

omg no way!! oh god, I got a confirmation email and everything! I just used a link from google though :/
Original post by Hfblondey
omg no way!! oh god, I got a confirmation email and everything! I just used a link from google though :/

Postgrad og Undergrad?

It has been possible for Postgrads to apply since February.. :smile:
I recently received an offer from Edinburgh for History and Archaeology! - I was wondering if anyone else had an offer for History Combined Honours? :smile::smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending