The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

English Literature offers from Edinburgh?

Hi all, I applied for Edinburgh by the Oxbridge deadline last year, and am yet to receive an update on my application. I was curious if anybody else has heard back from Edinburgh yet about an offer for English Lit or just a humanities subject in general, thanks!
Reply 1
Not a current English Lit applicant, but from experience UoE tends to hand out offers rather late in the application cycle - not quite as late as some universities though! Most people I know who were conditional offer holders got their offer in March/April, though those who receive unconditional offers tend to get it earlier.

I do know for last year's applicants there was a spreadsheet of offer holders and when they got their offer, so maybe see if anyone similar to you has received an offer? I wouldn't take it as a bad sign though, I didn't receive my offer until mid/late March and still got in!
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Reply 2
Original post by Will245
Hi all, I applied for Edinburgh by the Oxbridge deadline last year, and am yet to receive an update on my application. I was curious if anybody else has heard back from Edinburgh yet about an offer for English Lit or just a humanities subject in general, thanks!

hello, if its any consolation I got an unconditional from Edinburgh back in December 3 weeks after I had applied for Scottish literature and English, so hoping you hear back soon!
Reply 3
Original post by eviemarsh
hello, if its any consolation I got an unconditional from Edinburgh back in December 3 weeks after I had applied for Scottish literature and English, so hoping you hear back soon!
Hi, that's fantastic! Congratulations! I'm still yet to hear back myself, but hopefully it should be soon
Reply 4
Original post by rwnsl
Not a current English Lit applicant, but from experience UoE tends to hand out offers rather late in the application cycle - not quite as late as some universities though! Most people I know who were conditional offer holders got their offer in March/April, though those who receive unconditional offers tend to get it earlier.

I do know for last year's applicants there was a spreadsheet of offer holders and when they got their offer, so maybe see if anyone similar to you has received an offer? I wouldn't take it as a bad sign though, I didn't receive my offer until mid/late March and still got in!
Thanks!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending