The Student Room Group

Am I the only one not believing in love?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mankytoes
But you accept love exists, right?

It would seem odd if that love could exist, but no other kind.

It does seem so egocentric when people say they don't believe in love just because they haven't felt it themselves. Like it's more likely millions of people are lying or deluded than they just haven't experienced a certain emotion yet.

I've felt attraction and love, and they honestly don't feel very similar at all. Falling in love is genuinely intense, my heart went mental and I got really light headed for ages, if you feel it you'll know it's nothing like even the strongest physical attraction.

it's not only that I haven't felt it,I also don't see it.If a girl is ugly I have no interest and I see everyone doing the same.So it's all about attraction
Love does exist, if you say you only see physical attraction the you're being quite shallow, look at people closely and you can see love in them. How could some breakups hurt so much if there's no such thing as love?

Love isn't saying 'I love you' all the time, it's small things, like helping each other when you most need it, just being there for others. I think as you mature you'll all come to see that love is real.

Also being in love has 0 to do with how 'ugly' a person is. If this is the case then why do people love their husbands/wives after they get burns all over them from a car crash or if they have a facial deformity. Love is most certainly NOT about looks.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by RoyalMarine
then why if I get fat and bald hot girls will not 'love' me?

true love never comes with conditions...first get clear what you are searching for love or lust????
Reply 23
It seems pretty hard to back the idea that anyone who's ever declared they've been in love as having been lying or mistaken.
Original post by Paulska_
Love does exist, if you say you only see physical attraction the you're being quite shallow, look at people closely and you can see love in them. How could some breakups hurt so much if there's no such thing as love?

Love isn't saying 'I love you' all the time, it's small things, like helping each other when you most need it, just being there for others. I think as you mature you'll all come to see that love is real.

Also being in love has 0 to do with how 'ugly' a person is. If this is the case then why do people love their husbands/wives after they get burns all over them from a car crash or if they have a facial deformity. Love is most certainly NOT about looks.

Posted from TSR Mobile

why did they break up if they loved them then?I can help friends or even other people but I call it friendship.I have some ugly friends but it has nothing to do with sex.
Are you saying if I'm an ugly burnt face, Scarlett Johansson could love me?Come on,this is not how society is.She wouldn't even answer my email.
Original post by miser
It seems pretty hard to back the idea that anyone who's ever declared they've been in love as having been lying or mistaken.

50% are divorced,so at least half of them have been lying or mistaken
why did they break up if they loved them then?I can help friends or even other people but I call it friendship.I have some ugly friends but it has nothing to do with sex.
Are you saying if I'm an ugly burnt face, Scarlett Johansson could love me?Come on,this is not how society is.She wouldn't even answer my email.

That's really shallow! People fall in love with a whole person, not solely their looks (she maybe wouldn't date you because you don't seem to think love exists though, that's a real mood-killer tbh).

Also they may break up because one person falls out of love. I was still in love with my last bf when he left me because he didn't love me back. It's called unrequited love and it's heartbreaking. I've felt love and it's wonderful, ending. Relationship the way mine ended hurts like hell. The pain you feel in that situation is testament to the fact that love exists.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 27

I think you're assuming love has to be a thing that lasts forever. Nothing lasts forever.

You can be in love and then fall out of love though, I'm pretty sure most people loved each other when they got married but then stopped loving each other later on, hence the divorces.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by coolcat10
true love never comes with conditions...first get clear what you are searching for love or lust????

I'm talking about society not only me.Then why do girls put conditions to me?I think the words 'true love' are just cheap words but when it comes to real facts nobody believes in it.It's like saying 'true honesty' butif we have the chance to not pay taxes we don't pay them.
it's not only that I haven't felt it,I also don't see it. If a girl is ugly I have no interest and I see everyone doing the same. So it's all about attraction

You can't see an emotion. What are you expecting to see? You can't really understand an emotion until you've felt it. Consider trying to explain what a joke is to someone who can't understand jokes.

Well even if that is true, it only proves it's partly about attraction. I'm not interested in entering a sexual relationship with anyone I don't find sexually attractive, like pretty much everyone, for obvious reasons. So I'm not putting myself in the position of falling in love with an ugly girl.

I'm talking about society not only me. Then why do girls put conditions to me? I think the words 'true love' are just cheap words but when it comes to real facts nobody believes in it.It's like saying 'true honesty' butif we have the chance to not pay taxes we don't pay them.

You're only talking about your view on society though, you're in a society where millions of people are in love, so you can't really say you're talking about society.

Those girls presumably don't love you.

What is it people are feeling, if it isn't love? It feels totally different to attraction, or friendship, so what is it?
I'm talking about society not only me.Then why do girls put conditions to me?I think the words 'true love' are just cheap words but when it comes to real facts nobody believes in it.It's like saying 'true honesty' butif we have the chance to not pay taxes we don't pay them.

same things imply for all those in the society. True Love never implies conditions. Girls put conditions with you but what about do how you imply conditions when it comes to finding your partner/gf . You can call them cheap just because your experience( personal/not personal,don't wanna judge) was not what you expected to be but always remember you will find true love only if you believe in it. and belief comes with no questions,terms or conditions:biggrin:
That's really shallow! People fall in love with a whole person, not solely their looks (she maybe wouldn't date you because you don't seem to think love exists though, that's a real mood-killer tbh).

Also they may break up because one person falls out of love. I was still in love with my last bf when he left me because he didn't love me back. It's called unrequited love and it's heartbreaking. I've felt love and it's wonderful, ending. Relationship the way mine ended hurts like hell. The pain you feel in that situation is testament to the fact that love exists.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Looks are the point,if I'm ugly she wouldn't be interested because she's hot and wants a hot guy.This is what I witness in society,if it's shallow then society is shallow.
If this love ends it makes me believe it's not real.
Looks are the point,if I'm ugly she wouldn't be interested because she's hot and wants a hot guy.This is what I witness in society,if it's shallow then society is shallow.
If this love ends it makes me believe it's not real.

If you're both ugly then she'd date you and you may fall in love with each other. You're confusing love with initial attraction.

I don't see the point in arguing this with you any longer. I think once you start to mature you'll learn that love does exist.

Posted from TSR Mobile
You can be in love and then fall out of love though, I'm pretty sure most people loved each other when they got married but then stopped loving each other later on, hence the divorces.

Posted from TSR Mobile

this is suspicious,it makes it less likely to exist in the first place
this is suspicious,it makes it less likely to exist in the first place

How?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mankytoes
You can't see an emotion. What are you expecting to see? You can't really understand an emotion until you've felt it. Consider trying to explain what a joke is to someone who can't understand jokes.

Well even if that is true, it only proves it's partly about attraction. I'm not interested in entering a sexual relationship with anyone I don't find sexually attractive, like pretty much everyone, for obvious reasons. So I'm not putting myself in the position of falling in love with an ugly girl.

You're only talking about your view on society though, you're in a society where millions of people are in love, so you can't really say you're talking about society.

Those girls presumably don't love you.

What is it people are feeling, if it isn't love? It feels totally different to attraction, or friendship, so what is it?

here you go,we agree then.It's attraction.So the real point is attraction,love(if it exists) is just a sub dimension of attraction.But the real deal is attraction,not the opposite,then the value of love is much reduced as another factor is the main player.
They're just cheap words,what are they feeling?Attraction mainly.
If you're both ugly then she'd date you and you may fall in love with each other. You're confusing love with initial attraction.

I don't see the point in arguing this with you any longer. I think once you start to mature you'll learn that love does exist.

Posted from TSR Mobile

So attraction is the main player,if I'm ugly I have no chance to be 'loved' by her.It's not just initial because it's decisive.
here you go,we agree then.It's attraction.So the real point is attraction,love(if it exists) is just a sub dimension of attraction.But the real deal is attraction,not the opposite,then the value of love is much reduced as another factor is the main player.
They're just cheap words,what are they feeling?Attraction mainly.

You're striking me as a guy who's trying to figure out why no one has fallen in love with him yet, knows he's not attractive and therefore blames the fact that no one loves him on the idea that love is only about attraction and isn't any deeper...
That's none of my business though.....

Posted from TSR Mobile

because if it was real I would want the same girl all life,how can a real thing disappear?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending