The Student Room Group

HELP- I'm a GIRL and want to approach a GUY

Scroll to see replies

Original post by cole-slaw
Never, ever, under any circumstances, tell someone you "fancy them". This is not primary school. Use your body language to convey the relevant message.

"a couple of years ago" my friend :smile: and I'm still learning the whole "flirt with your eyes" thing (I'm absolutely hopeless). To be honest, I think one shouldn't waste too much time on it as people tend to misinterprete certain moves, etc. I like talking. It's very straightforward :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

If it helps, I understand what you mean Andy98 :smile: That's how I nabbed my first boyfriend... (if you could even call him that, hahahaha!!) :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 42
Original post by TeaganSavoy
If it helps, I understand what you mean Andy98 :smile: That's how I nabbed my first boyfriend... (if you could even call him that, hahahaha!!) :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

My bet is that cole-slaw understood me too.
Original post by Eboracum
A girl that wants to approach a guy! Finally! Feminism has achieved it's aims. Well done OP. Go for it. I'd love it if I was him.

Hahahahaa!! WOOP! I used to approach guys all the time. And I know plenty of other girls who do, too :smile: I am quite "aggressive" you could say but trying to tone it done now. I am usually quite straightforward as I hate wasting time. Maybe I've never really liked someone until now or felt real attraction to be nervous enough not to immediately go up to them. Ah well!! I'll keep y'all posted :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Anonymous
Hahahaha I already did that and I am so ashame of it. Know way too much than a stranger should know now. :P

Hahahaa!! 😄 As long as it doesn't turn into a fetish, you're alright :biggrin: If they want people not to know things, they wouldn't put it on FB. Let me know how you fare, btw :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Andy98
My bet is that cole-slaw understood me too.

Hahahaha, I think I detect a hint of devil advocacy here :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 46
Hahahaha, I think I detect a hint of devil advocacy here :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Only a hint? :s-smilie:
Original post by Andy98
Only a hint? :s-smilie:

I'm trying to tone down being too straightforward :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hahahahaa!! WOOP! I used to approach guys all the time. And I know plenty of other girls who do, too :smile: I am quite "aggressive" you could say but trying to tone it done now. I am usually quite straightforward as I hate wasting time. Maybe I've never really liked someone until now or felt real attraction to be nervous enough not to immediately go up to them. Ah well!! I'll keep y'all posted :biggrin:

You sound like an awesome girl. A shame we didn't go to the same university. Go for it, and good luck.
Reply 49
I'm trying to tone down being too straightforward :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Why? I'm probably more straightforward:tongue:
Original post by Eboracum
You sound like an awesome girl. A shame we didn't go to the same university. Go for it, and good luck.

Hehe, thank you! I'll need it :smile: :colondollar:
Original post by Andy98
Why? I'm probably more straightforward:tongue:

I don't want another person to have a complex because of me...:colone:
Reply 52
There's a guy at uni whom i see twice a week in one of my classes. We are a very small class and i usually sit next to my very good friend. A couple of weeks ago, she was not there and i got paired up with GUY and we got talking.
He seemed really nice and we have a few things in common and such. i don't know how to approach him after this as we usually sit next to people we usually sit next to in class.
i usually have no qualms in approaching guys, but i have been called out as being too "straightforward" or "aggressive". I also feel like i have fallen out of practice.
Both GUY and i live at home and go to uni. we do different degrees and only see each other during that one class.
Any suggestions in me approaching GUY without seeming desperate or anything like that?
:colondollar::biggrin:

Who dares wins. Dress attractively, ask him for a coffee..
Reply 53
I don't want another person to have a complex because of me...:colone:

Wait. They're not supposed to?.....Oops
Original post by Zarek
Who dares wins. Dress attractively, ask him for a coffee..

I'll swap my DMs for ankle boots :wink: Thank you :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Andy98
Wait. They're not supposed to?.....Oops

Well, technically no. I'm trying to stick to one good deed a day ::ahee:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 56
Well, technically no. I'm trying to stick to one good deed a day ::ahee:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ahhhhh right ok
Original post by TurboCretin
Is anybody in the class a mutual friend?

Ummm I understand your feelings towards this guy but I think you should be certain about your feelings,
Original post by john Gabriel
Ummm I understand your feelings towards this guy but I think you should be certain about your feelings,

If I don't get to know him better, I will never know. You could describe my feelings as having a "crush" right now. And I was even more attracted to him after I spoke to him in class once. So, I'll see where it's gonna take me today (Please, don't let him have a gf :eek:) :smile::rolleyes:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending