The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Dont worry- everyting happens for a reason. In stead of feeling down look at the good qualities u have- everyone one changes in their life and you've just got to keep at it get through the challenges and constantly look to the future.
Anonymous
I used to be a really out going chatty guy but then in the last year of high school i got bullied and i just changed and became really shy, i dunno why and i dunno why i cant just revert back but i hate the way i am now when i used to be so different

its like i'm the same me when i get to know someone well but ive just met someone forget it i've never got anything to say and can hardly keep a conversation

You'll find as you make new friends who you have a lot in common with, the shyness will soon fade away.
menton
Dont worry- everyting happens for a reason. In stead of feeling down look at the good qualities u have- everyone one changes in their life and you've just got to keep at it get through the challenges and constantly look to the future.

:ditto:
Reply 4
well i dunno i'd like to be my old self i liked him more
I know EXACTLY how you feel.

Last year of secondary school, new lad moves to the school. Wierd ****, anyways got obsessed over my girlfriend and me, who at the time was a popular athlete.

Anyway, to cut it short i used to get threatened by knives, provoked, the lot. It all came to bang when 2 of them 'jumped' me with metal bars. Hell, i used to go to school with a knife shoved down my sock. I really don't know how i had the strength to put up with it, as i wouldn't now.

Ok i fought back throughout it all and kept a good face. But mentally i feel, well know, that since then my life has felt more serious, i don't trust lads as much and always feel on guard.

I used to be funny, am still am in bursts but then get down about things.

In hindsight, i should've killed the guy in defense, as i could've.
Reply 6
^^^^^ Very scary.........:eek:
Believe it or not, these people do exist.

He used to withhold his number, and constantly ring me. Like hundreds of times a day. I ask him and he denies it when it was BLANTANTLY him. Some people really are freaks.
Reply 8
Anonymous
I used to be a really out going chatty guy but then in the last year of high school i got bullied and i just changed and became really shy, i dunno why and i dunno why i cant just revert back but i hate the way i am now when i used to be so different

its like i'm the same me when i get to know someone well but ive just met someone forget it i've never got anything to say and can hardly keep a conversation

This happened to me too. I was bullied pretty badly during most of my school time. I'm not going to lie and say there's a quick fix. I am going to say that this is completely normal after what you've been through. It's a defense mechanism and makes you feel safer. It takes a while but I assure you that you'll get there. I found when I went to uni I got a fresh start. I got away from the people that made my life a misery, and it took time, but I realised that people weren't going to start judging me. It took a year and 2 summers to properly get over school, but I feel like the old me before I was put through it all. I have to add that I was bullied for a lot longer than a year, and it had a few side effects too so it took me quite a while.

Try putting yourself into the situation where you have to talk to people and it's hard but it should get easier. If you avoid people and don't talk to anyone, you'll make it harder for yourself in the future.

Whatever you do, don't start fretting about why you were bullied, you'll make it worse for yourself. And it also hurts loads. I realised that they had no reason whatsoever. And I think of everything I've accomplished and I'm proud of myself, and that's more powerful than anything anyone can do to you!
Reply 9
Anonymous

In hindsight, i should've killed the guy in defense, as i could've.

All credit to you for getting through a tough time in your life, but I'm sure you're a bigger man than wanting to kill someone. Easier said than done, but you shouldn't stoop to their level, and it's good that you didn't.

Good luck in the future.
Reply 10
Anonymous

thats the opposite with me.
i was bullied for a lot of my school life and i was very shy initially. gradually in about year 8 or something my confidence grew, but it was because i tried not to think about why people are saying what to me, and just stand up for myself, i mean what is the most they could do?
its more about self confidence in who you are, the person you are and even though it sounds silly; what you look like.
i got bullied by people for the way i looked and because i was smarter than them, yeah it put me down but i knew there was more to a person than brains and looks, and i knew i'd get somewhere they wouldn't.. and i'm making my way up now.

having been through all thats made me so much of a stronger person. its almost like i don't associate with people that may misuse my trust etc..

just try and find more positive things about yourself, be more positive about yourself. bullies only bully out of jealousy,
Thanks Syn.

I didn't say i want to kill him, but looking back it may have been a wiser move, at the time. Not now.

I've grown up now, most of it is all behind me apart from the mental and physical scars.

Atleast one benefit of the prior situation is knowing who your real friends are, and how some people are just plain cowardly.

A friend broke down crying on me in sorrow about how he let 3 ppl jump me and just watched. He's moved to the states. I miss him.

I got bullied because i was good at sports, had a lot of friends and a really nice girlfriend. The instigator never did it on his own.

I'm 20, i own my own business now and things are good, but can't help feel that a part of my childhood was robbed. I get on better with older people now.

A great help was moving away. Far away.
I wish i had an outlet to express my anger. :frown:
^
Kickboxing?

or how about martial arts to control anger?
Anonymous

The exactly same thing happened to me... it changed me mentally and physically... i got bullied from around yr 8- 11
but i hope to change myself n become a whole new person before i go uni...
love2learn
^
Kickboxing?

or how about martial arts to control anger?

Cheers, martial arts could be good.

Hmm you may have something there! thanks!

Definatley be more productive than boozing.
sumthin similar hapnd to me from yrs 7 to 9 or so, i became real shy and could barely hold a conversation too, but i found as i made new friends between yr 10 til now(13) i've grown in confidence. all i can say is try to stop thinkin about what people think of you all the time and just say what you feel.
Reply 17
I can definitely sympathise with this - I was a right loudmouth at primary school but being bullied throughout secondary school kicked all the confidence out of me - has taken 3 years of uni to be myself again and shake it all off. It's utterly crappy but the good news is that as people grow up and start to see through the tossers that put people down you'll find yourself in better company and the confidence seeps back, my advice is to keep trying to push yourself and with enough small steps you'll be yourself again (and that's a great feeling!) - best of luck.
Have trust in people, everything will change for you.
Reply 19
justfarhan
Have trust in people, everything will change for you.

yeah I agree. Just learn to trust people, as it's the only way things can work. I know what you went through must have been traumatic, but trust me there's no other option. Just go out there and talk to people.

Latest

Trending

Trending