The Student Room Group

Is my GF truly buy, or is something wrong?

I know she's busy with her maths coursework ... her class exams ... etc ... but I just don't get why she can't hand US some time together.

I'm heading down to London, like I do every month, because my GF and I sorted this deal out that we'd visit each other every 2 weeks.

I headed down to London 2 weeks ago - because if was my turn - but this week I'm going to head down because apparently she is too busy. This is understandable.

So I told her I would come down instead, and that it didn't bother me in the slightest - it really doesn't. But then she goes on to send text messages telling me that she's got "so much for over the weekend" and "omg I'm so busy this weekend" which gives me the idea that she doesn't particularly want to see me or she doesn't want me to come down.

I asked her if she did, and she said "Of course I do", but I'm sceptical.

My question is whether she's actually busy or if she's just making excuses up ... because surely if she really was happy for me to see make a 3 hour coach journey to see her she'd make every effort to see me as much as she can.
Reply 1
Give her the benefit of the doubt. Sounds like she's really busy and maths is a hard degree.

If this is really concerning you, talk to her about it (not over text).
Reply 2
Original post by Viceroy
Give her the benefit of the doubt. Sounds like she's really busy and maths is a hard degree.

If this is really concerning you, talk to her about it (not over text).

I have asked over the phone ... she tells me I'm paranoid ... but I just can't help to think something's up.

Maths might be a hard degree, but she's freaking smart.
Reply 3
Original post by Foo.mp3
Leave it and see what happens, don't become an over-thinker or a beg, bitches pick up on that and start living up to that label

Posted from TSR Mobile

'Bitches'? ... God you must have such a good life :rolleyes:
Gut feeling is usually the best to go by BUT you have asked her and she has given you a straight forward answer, you can't ask more than that so take it at face value that she wants to see you but she also has a lot of uni work to do.
Give her a surprise visit maybe? Talk face to face then. Second option..give her some time.
Original post by Yatish Jain
Give her a surprise visit maybe? Talk face to face then. Second option..give her some time.

I wouldn't surprise her with a visit if she is as busy as she says she is? How awkward would that be? OP would feel like she didn't want him there
Ask her when she has a reading week or will be free over Christmas and then surprise her with a no-work weekend - it can be a trip away somewhere, or a night in a hotel, or just like a duvet weekend where you treat each other and watch movies all weekend and do nothing else. The most important thing is to just be honest with her; tell her you miss her, and you need her to reciprocate and find a way to work around the business together; relationships are a TWO way thing. It's great you're willing to put the time in and travel down, and that you care for her so much that you are genuinely worried, but she needs to do her part too.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending