The Student Room Group

Whats the most stupid rule your school has?

Scroll to see replies

Not allowed Football Shirts underneath Shirts
Original post by Tiger Rag
We had to ask to take our jumpers off. When it was really hot, we were allowed to just take them off.

The no mobile phones baffles me. What happens if you live quite far away from the school and need to contact your parents to let them know you're going to be late home? Phone boxes are pretty much non-existent now.

Although, it does make sense to some extent - the amount of people who'd play with them in lessons, etc.
I would take mine off regardless and NOT ask
Original post by CoolaClime Student
Not allowed Football Shirts underneath Shirts

Wouldn't you boil to death?
Original post by Rarest
Wouldn't you boil to death?
Don't wear our Jumpers and try to avoid the Blazer too
Reply 484
Original post by MoonlightBoo
The most stupid one in my school is "no coloured bras", meaning girls were only allowed to wear white bras

I get that uniform rules need to be relatively strict and stuff, but bras? Seriously?

Tbf, I don't want to see anyone's £3 neon pink/orange asda bra under a white shirt, let alone school kids.
im not allowed to wear hats in school not even wooly ones in the winter cos they said its gang culture lol we arent allowed mobile phones either, top button has to be done up, skirt knee lenth and girls arent allowed to wear trousers, no make up, dyed hair, only allowed stud earrings no other piercings and everyone has to pray even if ur not relligious ( i go to a catholic school)
Reply 486
No vest tops in PE because they reveal bra straps. If your PE kit isn't acceptable, then you are forced to wear PE kit the staff provide for you, which is clothing which has been taken from the changing room after being left behind by other students.

No drink in class except plain water - not even flavoured water is allowed. Although teachers are allowed to drink fizzy juice, coffee and tea during class time.

All students are banned from entering certain parts of our local town by our school, as residents have complained about disruption/littering from a very small minority of students

We have to wear our blazers to and from school, regardless of the weather, although many teachers allow us to remove them in class.

A ridiculous one-way system: Is your next class is just behind you? Too bad, you have to walk round the entire school to get there. However, teachers are allowed to break the one-way system whenever they wish.

Now extactly a 'rule', but all doors leading outdoors are locked during class, and most of them are locked during break and lunch. You can exit outside through them, but you cannot enter the building through them again. To get back inside during these times, you have to use a special key which only the teachers have, or enter through the very front of the school, and wait until a staff member of reception lets you in.
Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Seriously think its stupid the amount of rules schools come up with it, seems like they're more interested in uniform and other stuff then actually teaching you :/

- Have to have your blazer on when moving around, even in summer. You can't even hold it, otherwise you get targeted by everyone
- One way system on the humanities corridor, good luck getting to English...... (luckily 6th form can bypass it)
- Not allowed to go along office corridor from the performing arts bit to the rest of the school, have to go outside and go long way around.....
- Our school is made of two main buildings connected by 4 bridges. One of them is stupidly locked at lunchtime, no-one knows why and its a fire hazard
- If you're late, you just sign it at reception. If you're in 6th form, you have to wait for the head of 6th form to come to reception and have a go at you. My friend was late by 1 minute, had to wait for him and missed 20 mins of her lesson, which is absolutely stupid
- Pretty much 90% of all websites are blocked, making researh almost impossible, i know you need censoring but the amount of censoring at our school is way over the top

Also, if you're caught somewhere you shouldn't be or shirt isn't tucked in whatever, staff act like you've murdered someone, they are actually so rude and miserable. Our school is literally a prison
Original post by Rarest
Tie has to be at least 6 stripes and top button must be done up at all times. And i swear to god, they are all so picky about the top button thing. Like, this is what it felt like; You would come into school without trousers on and top button undone, you would receive a uniform detention, but it would have been for the top button. (This isn't literate, just how it felt like)
Who in the right minds though would not go in without Trousers unless it was 100 degrees like a few years since and you wore Shorts in July!?
Original post by Reue
School built a door right across the main corridor and said only teachers were allowed to use it; forcing all students to walk right around the outside of the building.

Couple of 6th formers kicked the lock in one day and they thankfully never bothered repairing it.

Holy moley that same thing happened at my school. I thought it was the kind of stupid idea only our “senior management” (as they like to be called) could come up with :eek:
Update on the undergarment rule that my ruddy school HAD: it's been removed from the rules due to 'many' student and parental complaints.
Original post by TotallyWilde
Update on the undergarment rule that my ruddy school HAD: it's been removed from the rules due to 'many' student and parental complaints.
Rightly so - any should be acceptable
Original post by somemightsay888
6 bars on your tie. At one point the deputy head made an acrylic model of the ideal tie length and stopped students to measure to see if it met standard. Crazy.

No running on the playground was another delightful rule. "Hard standing area" they called it.
No way would I abide to/by this!!!
That we must attend.
To STUDY of all things

*eugh* :grr:
You have to keep your Blazer on ALL DAY until the Teach say it's ok not to wear it/or it's announced!

Saying that is has benefits as if you have a Short Sleeved Shirt on or Sleeves Scrunched up and a Football or T-Shirt underneath and the Sleeves on that go farther than the Shirt ones , your are busted that way too!!
You got to wear your Blazer all day and if your wearing a non-School Jumper like Converse, Nike you must take it off and freeze and then your at risk of it being nicked and my Converse was £65) too, but what hurt is it to wear ...? - though School see it as a Coat!!
You can't take Blazer off/wear Tier Skinny/thin way only - though imho it "can" look respectable done decenty!!
We couldn't wear black or grey socks, only white, and if you did wear black or grey socks you would've been put in isolation all day!
When I was in school, I remember really stupid rules like:

Don't steal from others

Respect fellow pupils

Be nice to be people

The audacity!
My useless joke of a secondary school gives us incredibly small diaries that are supposedly the most important thing on the planet. We get a detention for the rest of the day if we lose it (which most kids do... they're tiny!), with the school clearly being uninterested in our education.

No wonder the speed of their GCSE results decreasing keeps increasing.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending