The Student Room Group
University of York
York

Medicine Foundation

Hi guys!
So, I've been thinking a lot about wha i wnt to do in my future and I'm still very confused about things. Well, I know for sure that I want to study medicine,but also, I want to study it abroad (somewhere at UK, US or Canada). I'm doing my IGCSEs this year and I'll be taking 7 subjects total. I'm also not aiming for more than 2 AL which is crazy if I want to study medicine, but trust me I have no time. Plus, those 7 IGCSEs are going to consume my energy and power and might even take more than 2 years to ace them. Anyway, I talked to my English teacher about it and She suggested I do some research about "Medical Foundations". She says that it's a school that makes you do your Alevels abroad, and can help you go to a medicine university. I can't find enough information on the internet and I have some questions to ask.
1-What is the system of such schools?
2-Are they only at UK? or are they anywhere else?
3-Will I be able to go to a good medicine University after doing my ALevels there?
4-Do you recommend it?
5-What is the best medicine foundation school I could go to?
Thank You :smile:
Please reply.
I think your teacher means a Foundation course? Basically in the UK this means an integrated course that is part of a university where they get you up to speed on the grades needed for the degree.

King's College London, Nottingham University, Manchester, Durham and loads of others all offer these for international students. Check it out: http://www.medschools.ac.uk/students/courses/pages/foundationpre-clinicalyear.aspx

It's a great way in to studying at a top university because they teach you what you need, you will have access to the university's facilities and it's a lot more successful and a lot LESS risky than taking A-levels and GCSE's on your own.

Goodluck :smile:
University of York
York
Original post by eahumphries
I think your teacher means a Foundation course? Basically in the UK this means an integrated course that is part of a university where they get you up to speed on the grades needed for the degree.

King's College London, Nottingham University, Manchester, Durham and loads of others all offer these for international students. Check it out: http://www.medschools.ac.uk/students/courses/pages/foundationpre-clinicalyear.aspx

It's a great way in to studying at a top university because they teach you what you need, you will have access to the university's facilities and it's a lot more successful and a lot LESS risky than taking A-levels and GCSE's on your own.

Goodluck :smile:

Thank You so much it really helped!
Thanks for your time :smile:
Original post by Nadaelnaggar
Thank You so much it really helped!
Thanks for your time :smile:

You're very welcome! There are foundation courses for other subjects too like Veterinary and Zoology. Message me if you have any more questions :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending