The Student Room Group

Foundation medicine

I was wondering if I could do foundation medicine with a low UCAT score with a band 3 in situational judgement ?
Reply 1
Can I do foundation medicine with 2150 ucat score and band 3 on situational judgement?
What are your predicted grades ?
Reply 3
Original post by Student5cience
What are your predicted grades ?

I just did my mock exams and would get my predicted in the following week so I am not quite sure. I study chemistry, biology and psychology and require ABB, or BBC for the foundation course (depends on the uni ). My Ucat score is very low (2150) with the band 3. But medicine is the only course which I am interested in studying. The reason why I chose Foundation medicine was also due to the lower requirement so I thought the UCAT requirement will be lower too but I’m not sure. I do meet the criteria to do Foundation medicine but only thing holding me back is my UCAT score.Any help ?
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 4
My ucat score was 2150 and band 3…
Reply 5
I got a low u at score of 2150 and band 3. I was thinking of applying to medicine but now that my UCAT score is low I’m thinking of applying to Foundation medicine (one extra year with lower requirement). Do you think I can apply with my low ucat even though I would have a strong personal statement and meet the a level requirement?
Reply 6
I got a very low UCAT score of 2150 and Band 3 on situational judgement and want to apply to Foundation medicine. Would this be a problem due to the low score even though I would have a strong personal statement and meet the entry requirements ?
Plymouth foundation year doesn't require that and I'm sure other foundation year courses don't place a huge emphasis on ucat. Apply strategically and find out which unis these are.
Reply 8
Please do not double post as this is against TSR rules.

Also please post all your stats in the "Which Medical School Should I Apply To?" Thread below for the best advice on where to apply with your stats to maximise your chances of getting an offer!

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6679038
Reply 10
I have looked through most criterias for different universities and I fit in to it. It’s just that my UCAT score is very low and no universities specify what score they would consider making my decision even harder
Original post by N.ah03
I have looked through most criterias for different universities and I fit in to it. It’s just that my UCAT score is very low and no universities specify what score they would consider making my decision even harder

Hey, Have u accepted in foundation year or not ???

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending