The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Hollywood Hogan
Does Edinburgh University host posh formal dinners?

no why would you ask?
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Original post by jumjum
no why would you ask?

Just curious, it is a posh university.
Does Edinburgh University host posh formal dinners?

Some societies may have an annual ball, but there isn't any formal dinners on a regular basis
Original post by Asklepios
Some societies may have an annual ball, but there isn't any formal dinners on a regular basis

Would you describe the students there as posh?
Would you describe the students there as posh?

On average, no. But there are some rather raahhh peopple too.
On average, no. But there are some rather raahhh peopple too.

That is a surprise, given the high private school intake, and rich history of the city and university. I always thought Edinburgh was the Durham of Scotland, only a bit better?
That is a surprise, given the high private school intake, and rich history of the city and university. I always thought Edinburgh was the Durham of Scotland, only a bit better?

I'd say it's not as posh as Oxbridge/Durham, maybe more on par with UCL/Imperial/LSE?
I'd say it's not as posh as Oxbridge/Durham, maybe more on par with UCL/Imperial/LSE?

Are many students English, or mostly Scottish?
Are many students English, or mostly Scottish?

It's roundabout 50/50 (for medicine at least), for other courses there's roughly equal Scots and English folk, but a greater international intake
And what is your typical student like at Edinburgh?
And what is your typical student like at Edinburgh?

Jack wills gilet + canterburry trackies
Jack wills gilet + canterburry trackies

No Kate Middleton types?
No Kate Middleton types?

nah thats st andrews bruh
nah thats st andrews bruh

None at all? Just how many hot classy girls go to Edinburgh? Would have thought thousands.
None at all? Just how many hot classy girls go to Edinburgh? Would have thought thousands.

you see, posh girls aren't classy. they just get drunk and become sluts. (generalising, there may be an exception to the rule)
you see, posh girls aren't classy. they just get drunk and become sluts. (generalising, there may be an exception to the rule)

I saw that at Nottingham, it was a surprise how easily these girls go off the rails and never look back.

Is Edinburgh like this at fresher's week (this is Durham's):-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHN4QDQzvDM
Is Edinburgh like this at fresher's week (this is Durham's):-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHN4QDQzvDM

Yeah. Infact one of the clubs here used to do a cctv night, but no one went lol so it got discontinued.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah. Infact one of the clubs here used to do a cctv night, but no one went lol so it got discontinued.

Posted from TSR Mobile

But that video is so slutty, full of hot good looking girls that are acting like idiots? I expected more from Durham students, they are just like the ones at Nottingham, or worse, if that video is anything to go by.

Latest

Trending

Trending