The Student Room Group

I came out as gay today, AMA

As above.

Scroll to see replies

Who was the first person you told? Did anyone already sort of know?
Original post by C_tinie_D
Who was the first person you told? Did anyone already sort of know?

I told my parents. Nobody had a clue!
How did your parents react?! :biggrin:

Also congrats~
Congratulations , welcome to freedom . You must feel so relieved. Is there anything in particular which has happened during your life which made you realize you are gay ?
Original post by R Dragon
How did your parents react?! :biggrin:

Also congrats~

Thanks so much, it means a lot :smile:
They were fine with it. The only thing they said was that they wished I told them sooner, but it's hard.

Original post by ParadiseFound
Congratulations , welcome to freedom . You must feel so relieved. Is there anything in particular which has happened during your life which made you realize you are gay ?

Thanks. It's nice to see everyone is so welcoming and accepting. I always had a feeling but a couple of years ago I had a good friend and how I felt for him was like nothing I'd ever felt before, I knew it was love. We're not friends anymore, but that's what helped me understand what was happening.
Congrats! Stay strong anyway trust me it gets better once you done it, it was about a year ago I done the same :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Was there a closet involved?
Original post by SerLorasTyrell
Congrats! Stay strong anyway trust me it gets better once you done it, it was about a year ago I done the same :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks so much. I'm so happy right now.

Original post by yabbayabba
Was there a closet involved?

:s-smilie:
Reply 9
Why have you chosen to be gay?
Original post by O.Ozz

Omg lol. Controversial.
Did you do it for the attention or because you like blokes?
Reply 12
Original post by yabbayabba
Omg lol. Controversial.

I'm trying to tone down my thoughts on here, I believe Gay is a Choice and is even slyly written in the bible about the choice of homosexuality.

Not here to make it a debate or be offensive though.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by O.Ozz
I'm trying to tone down my thoughts on here, I believe Gay is a Choice and is even slyly written in the bible about the choice of homosexuality.

Not here to make it a debate though.

Is being straight a choice?
Congrats!
I've been there :P I'm glad your parents were cool about it, that's always nice.
Original post by O.Ozz

Not here to make it a debate or be offensive though.

Please take this to another thread dude
Original post by O.Ozz

I believe you are born gay. If you do not, that's fine. I respect your views, decisions and choices in life so please respect mine.
Original post by EmilyKvothe
Congrats!
I've been there :P I'm glad your parents were cool about it, that's always nice.

Thank you so much! Just feels like so much pressure has been building inside of me, and I've just popped like a balloon!
Well done mate, I respect you as it is a brave decision to take :smile: how's law going for you?
Original post by snikutsmullac
As above.

Congratulations
Do your friends know / did any of them suspect you were gay?

Quick Reply

Latest