The Student Room Group

Highest offers ever given

Just wondering if anyone is or knows someone with a ridiculously high offer. I'm aware that for Chemical Engineering at Imperial the typical offer is A*A*AA but apparently they give out offers higher than this! Also for Stats at Warwick it's something like A*A*A* (without STEP or FM)
Original post by TajwarC
Just wondering if anyone is or knows someone with a ridiculously high offer. I'm aware that for Chemical Engineering at Imperial the typical offer is A*A*AA but apparently they give out offers higher than this! Also for Stats at Warwick it's something like A*A*A* (without STEP or FM)

Lots of computing applicants at Imperial have been getting offers including a string of A*s and STEP offers which sucks for them :/
My brother got offered an interview at Imperial for mechanical engineering, but turned it down. They then gave him an offer for A*A*A*A for chemical engineering, for some reason.. He didn't even do chemistry or want to do chemical engineering? I guess they were just having a laugh.
Reply 3
Original post by Chlorophile
Lots of computing applicants at Imperial have been getting offers including a string of A*s and STEP offers which sucks for them :/

To be honest I reckon the STEP requirements are worse than having to get all those A*s. Even so how can anyone guarantee that they'll do that well!?
Reply 4
Original post by TheIrrational
My brother got offered an interview at Imperial for mechanical engineering, but turned it down. They then gave him an offer for A*A*A*A for chemical engineering, for some reason.. He didn't even do chemistry or want to do chemical engineering? I guess they were just having a laugh.

Bizarre...
Original post by TajwarC
To be honest I reckon the STEP requirements are worse than having to get all those A*s. Even so how can anyone guarantee that they'll do that well!?

I understand Imperial's rationale but it must be an absolute nightmare for the people with those offers. I'm very glad I didn't apply to one of Imperial's more competitive departments!
Original post by TheIrrational

Maybe they thought he was better suited to chemical engineering? Or they were oversubscribed?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending