The Student Room Group

How to stop liking her?

I need to stop liking her, as it's going to end in heartache. I've already had enough heartache in the last 18 months, I don't want anymore.

I started to like this girl, and at the same time she started to like me back...and this other guy. I think she was weighing up who to go for.
Anyway she went for him, or at least I think she has anyway...

Anyway. I don't want my feelings for her to get stronger, if it's all going to be fruitless.
How do I stop liking her?
you can control your feelings by controlling what you focus on. Focus on something else and the feelings will disappear over time.
Probably do what the majority of guys do and take advantage of her while she's drunk or high then you'll feel like you've got what you've wanted and you won't pine after her any more.
Obviously don't do that, but to illustrate my point, that's generally what happens in the real world, I don't know where all these soppy guys on this forum come from but I've never met any in real life. When guys get their leg over that's when they usually seem to stop wanting girls, or at least that's what happens with me anyway.
I can't help in your dilemma other than give less of a **** generally. Real life isn't about fairytale romances, nowadays anyway, if it ever was about that.
Yep, find something else to think about/talk to different people etc etc. It's really the only way.
hahaha tbh i am in a similar situation as you, except im the girl. For ages, like literally years, I liked this guy, since we were kids but then I kinda woke up one day and stop liking him. This opened my eyes and I noticed this other guy, he was absolutely amazing and I very quickly developed a crush on him. Then a while after I noticed him looking at me lots of times, he wld do many little things as we werent really that close so he couldnt really outright flirt with me but I began to think that he liked me. However, I think he knew that I liked this other guy or at least used to so he never properly did anything even though I really wanted him to. Now months later when were together even if there is a whole lot of ppl we always make loads of small talk with lots of eye contact and smiling and I get the impression that he really likes me but he doesnt do anything about it. So if I were you I'd at least try to get her if you havent told her how you feel yet. If she liked you before there must be at least a bit of that left in her. I would love for my guy to make a move cos im not the kinda modern girl that takes the lead, i think the guy should do it. So in a nutshell, have you ever came out with it and asked her out? If not what did you expect she would do?
How do you know it is fruitless? Have you told her how you feel?
Maybe she is considering him because she may think you are still hung up on your ex and she doesn't want to get hurt either, you sound like your holding on to something else which makes you emotionally unavailable.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending