The Student Room Group

Women, why would a woman do 'doe' eyes?

Like, I'm in my local last night. This beauty with jet black hair and oceanic blue eyes is with her boyfriend, but she's glancing at me. When he goes off she gives me this doe eyed look, widens them like a puppy, straight my way, glance held for long. Makes herself look slightly vulnerable, open. It melts my heart a bit and turns me on.
Is it possible that I could be a total misreader, and it might even mean don't look at me, or am I reading it right?
Probably read it right lol dk
Original post by Safiya122
Probably read it right lol dk

I felt it like that. Funny things is, that kind of chemistry doesn't necessarily translate when you speak to them. It's kind of weird that it would be someone who I wouldn't imagine would be into me, that's why it surprised me.
Reply 3
Hahahaha... well, I used to wonder the same thing. But then I realised, most of them are just not really looking at you or are indeed looking at you and wondering "why the **** is that guy staring at me". lol
Original post by WiFi
Hahahaha... well, I used to wonder the same thing. But then I realised, most of them are just not really looking at you or are indeed looking at you and wondering "why the **** is that guy staring at me". lol

I wasn't. Anyway, you're a guy, you would say that.
Reply 5
she probably didn't even realise she did it.
Reply 6
She's scared of you.
Reply 7
Original post by SaucissonSecCy
I wasn't. Anyway, you're a guy, you would say that.

If you see her seeing you that means you're looking at her. How do you know you "weren't"?
Original post by Foo.mp3
Stand tall, lock eyes more (continuously), breathe more, grin more, state more, challenge more, yet speak less, question less and (over)think less :borat:

I'd go for all that besides grinning. I'm fine on the breathing too. Actually, locking eyes worked before I noticed. And thinking less is true, you shouldn't have to talk bs and be contrived with anyone who isn't pretentious. But yeah, definitely I'm giving up too easily based on a bit of conditioning, assuming the second stage won't work.
Original post by Foo.mp3
. A self-satisfied/knowing grin speaks 1000 words, and accompanying the right type/level of eye contact it can reduce a mortal to mush

]

I'm not really a self-satisfied type-I prefer myself looking into myself deeper into emotions and serious, I've noticed it's more magnetic. I do smirk very naturally actually, when I can't stop it, and seriousness has run out, but I don't think it'#s my best strength.
I always thought that 'doe eyes' is something that a woman naturally has, not something that you can give yourself; 'wide open, innocent eyes'. You can probably fake it to a degree.

In this case, she could have been checking you out. Contrary to what most people wish to believe, the part of the human brain that can recognise what is aesthetically appealing and what isn't does not shut down the moment you get into a relationship; the only thing that matters is the choice of whether or not to chase after the aforementioned aesthetic individual or to remain loyal, something that some people find considerably easier than others.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending