The Student Room Group

The "I Still haven't got any offers yet" Thread.

Any of you like me - sitting impatiently waiting for offers?

Everyone else around you is getting multiple, and your UCAS still says "No recent updates"?

You've had emails from the Uni's, they've all received your application but you've heard nothing yet?

This thread is for those who are jealous/stressed/and nervous that you've STILL heard nothing back.

I thought all of us needed a bit of sanctuary considering the Track thread is full of happy offer receivers :tongue:

All in jest, but if you're in my shoes feel free to vent your feelings here!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
when did you submit your application?
Reply 2
Original post by samsama
when did you submit your application?

My application was submitted to uni's a week and two days ago!

I know it's not very long, but this is a testing time for impatient people :tongue:
Reply 3
haha, yeah a week isn't long at all. best of luck with your application though!
Reply 4
OMG, this is deffo me sent my UCAS off a week and two days ago also got acknowledgements and all that jazz even got a rejection which im not too fussed about because I didn't wanna go to the Uni anyway, but people have like 5 offers and im like 'hi i have nothing and sent my UCAS off before you. I check my UCAS track religiously everyday and nothing its so nerve wrecking and im anxious round the clock urggg.
Sorry for the uber loong message but ive really needed a thread like this :smile::smile::smile:
Reply 5
Original post by chemwhizz
OMG, this is deffo me sent my UCAS off a week and two days ago also got acknowledgements and all that jazz even got a rejection which im not too fussed about because I didn't wanna go to the Uni anyway, but people have like 5 offers and im like 'hi i have nothing and sent my UCAS off before you. I check my UCAS track religiously everyday and nothing its so nerve wrecking and im anxious round the clock urggg.
Sorry for the uber loong message but ive really needed a thread like this :smile::smile::smile:

Nope don't feel bad! This is your thread!

Hurt today when I saw that someone had 3 offers from 3 uni's i'd applied to for the same course...
Reply 6
Ouch, i feel your pain, what unis are you applying to and what for?

What im really dreading is the possibility that i may actually get a reply in Jan - March...considering the number of applications thats growing on a daily
Reply 7
Original post by chemwhizz
Ouch, i feel your pain, what unis are you applying to and what for?

What im really dreading is the possibility that i may actually get a reply in Jan - March...considering the number of applications thats growing on a daily

Queen Mary, Cardiff, RHUL, Reading, Oxford Brookes - English Lit

So so nervous, I want an offer :frown:
Reply 8
Omg i envy you, i wanted to do a literary subject in uni but didnt in the end, & dw you will i can relate im also stressing call them up maybe? Im sure theyll be cooperative and itll settle you for abit
Reply 9
Original post by Mattlloydd

I feel your pain!! I applied for Lit at Queens two weeks ago and have also seen someone else with an offer - not great for the nerves. Good luck with it!
I have sent my application off on the 17th of November and I've only got 1 offer yet :frown:((
I just said on another thread, i've applied for English and Film at Warwick, Exeter, St Andrews, King's and Lancaster. It's been two weeks and nothing! I know two weeks is not long, but it's horrible hearing other people getting offers and you're not getting anything :frown:
Reply 12
Original post by KimonoMyHouse
I just said on another thread, i've applied for English and Film at Warwick, Exeter, St Andrews, King's and Lancaster. It's been two weeks and nothing! I know two weeks is not long, but it's horrible hearing other people getting offers and you're not getting anything :frown:

I feel your pain, i've still got nothing :frown:
Reply 13
I got my first offer before I expected itso I never had time to get nervous. You poor soul it would've destroyed me not having anything :frown: Though as some unis say 'no news is good news'.

HEY I'm doing english lit too and I've applied for QM and RHUL too, I've heard nothing from my other choices either so I know how you feel :frown:
I'm in a similar (and bizarre) situation. I have had four acknowledgements, no offers. The fifth uni are not accepting undergraduates next year, so I am not gonna get anything from them....

I'm applying to do Philosophy btw.
Reply 16
Original post by gloriabristow
HEY I'm doing english lit too and I've applied for QM and RHUL too, I've heard nothing from my other choices either so I know how you feel :frown:

That's reassuring! I still haven't heard anything :frown:

tell me when you do!
Called admissions today and they werent too helpful just v generic -_- stresss people whove applied after me have gotten replies within 24 hours
That's reassuring! I still haven't heard anything :frown:

tell me when you do!

Likewise!!
For me, every time I heard something, it was a rejection. I take silence to mean they're really considering all of your application.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest