The Student Room Group

The "I Still haven't got any offers yet" Thread.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 380
So after i got rejected by LSE 2 weeks after submitting my application, i got rejected by KCL (french/ english law programme so yeah) and just got my first offer (conditional) from Durham which is kind of ridiculous D: i don't think i can ever meet their requirements... "This institution regards you as overseas for fees purposes and their offer has been made on this basis" is this for real? Did I only get an offer because of that?
Anyway, still waiting on UCL and Manchester :/

P.S: is Durham considered good for Law? How good compared to UCL / KCL?
Original post by Mmb96
So after i got rejected by LSE 2 weeks after submitting my application, i got rejected by KCL (french/ english law programme so yeah) and just got my first offer (conditional) from Durham which is kind of ridiculous D: i don't think i can ever meet their requirements... "This institution regards you as overseas for fees purposes and their offer has been made on this basis" is this for real? Did I only get an offer because of that?
Anyway, still waiting on UCL and Manchester :/

P.S: is Durham considered good for Law? How good compared to UCL / KCL?

It's got an awesome rep for law!

On par with Nottingham, UCL, Bristol etc.

Posted from TSR Mobile
What's Durham rep like for Ancient History?
Original post by bethblur
What's Durham rep like for Ancient History?

I thought it was pretty much world class at History? As in, genuinely at the same level as Oxbridge in terms of competition and quality.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Princepieman
I thought it was pretty much world class at History? As in, genuinely at the same level as Oxbridge in terms of competition and quality.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Would you say that's for both the History department and the Ancient History and Classics department?
Would you say that's for both the History department and the Ancient History and Classics department?

They seem quite linked to each other, so I imagine it still holds for both. Regardless of that, it's still an awesome uni.
Still waiting on UCL for PPE - wondering whether they are gradually accepting or gradually rejecting - hopefully the latter :smile:
I am a EU student and I have applied for English Lit in Edinburgh, Dundee, Aberdeen and two others. One of them rejected me but no other has responded yet. Is it normal that it takes so long? I read that some already got offers and now I am really anxious. Has anybody got an idea?
Original post by TheLadyDoor
I am a EU student and I have applied for English Lit in Edinburgh, Dundee, Aberdeen and two others. One of them rejected me but no other has responded yet. Is it normal that it takes so long? I read that some already got offers and now I am really anxious. Has anybody got an idea?

A lot of Scottish Universities don't reply until they have all the applications in so in March they start, so you should be hearing back soon
Original post by lalalalisha
A lot of Scottish Universities don't reply until they have all the applications in so in March they start, so you should be hearing back soon

Oh thanks!😊
Finally heard from Bath!! Jesus that was a long 5-ish months!! I have an interview on 19th. So that is an acceptance from Portsmouth, rejection from Cardiff and Holloway and an interview at Bath and Cambridge.
Got a rejection from Glasgow Caledonian today for social sciences lol luckily it was my last choice
Reply 392

I've met two girls studying one studying Classics, the other Ancient History and they both love it there.
It's very well regarded for both.
Original post by Lwin
I've met two girls studying one studying Classics, the other Ancient History and they both love it there.
It's very well regarded for both.

Oh that's great. What do they have to say about their colleges? Are either of them at a 'hill' college?
Reply 394
Oh that's great. What do they have to say about their colleges? Are either of them at a 'hill' college?

They're both in Collingwood. It's on a hill, I don't know if that's what you mean! I've not heard any complaints bar that it's a bit of a walk to get to the department buildings. Although having said that you get in great shape if you wander around long enough!
Original post by Lwin
They're both in Collingwood. It's on a hill, I don't know if that's what you mean! I've not heard any complaints bar that it's a bit of a walk to get to the department buildings. Although having said that you get in great shape if you wander around long enough!

Yeah, that's exactly what I meant. Lol. The distance compared to bailey colleges seems to be the only con. Not too bothered about not having gowned dinners etc. Indeed! It'll be beneficial for sure. I got Van Mildert :smile: heard anything about it?
Reply 396
Yeah, that's exactly what I meant. Lol. The distance compared to bailey colleges seems to be the only con. Not too bothered about not having gowned dinners etc. Indeed! It'll be beneficial for sure. I got Van Mildert :smile: heard anything about it?

I'm afraid not! I know there's one college everyone jokingly (I hope!) which is Hatfield. I have no idea why.
I'm sure you'll end up somewhere fine, and have a great time whichever college you're in!
I'm still waiting for offer/rejection from UCL (Philosophy course). Really don't know what to expect :frown:.
Applied early November and still haven't had any responses yet... *sigh*
congrats!! How long did you wait?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending