The Student Room Group
University of York
York

York Interview - Tips etc?

So I got an interview at York for BSc Music Technology!! Any tips on preparation for the interview? I'm currently doing 2 A2's and an AS and predicted

A2 Music tech - A
A2 Media - C
AS Sociology - A

(No idea how i got an interview with only 2 A2's and one AS) but whatever! Must love my personal statement!!

I also applied to Leeds, UWE, Bournemouth, and Oxford Brookes

Had offers from Bournemouth and Oxford Brookes also.. waiting on Leeds and UWE

Thanks!
Hey, just giving this thread a bump :bump: Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific university or course forum should help you get more responses. :yy:

If you haven’t already found it, then university connect is a really useful way for finding people at your course/university! You can also find a list of applicant threads and courses here. :h:
University of York
York
I got in for Electronic Engineering this year which I know the Music Tech course shares some of the same modules with so should be fairly similar interview process I imagine, obviously less music focused for mine though - so the interviews are likely differently focused

If you haven't been sent it already, we were provided with this interview advice https://www.elec.york.ac.uk/ugrad/apply/InterviewAdviceSheet.pdf

My interview went well and was much more relaxed and informal than I had expected, be prepared to answer the obvious stuff as to why York, why this course etc. They'll probably ask if there's any part of the course/field you find yourself particularly interested and let you say what interests you. They'll probably want to know how you'll prepare for the step up to University level and want you to talk about time management etc.

My main advice would just to not worry too much about it, it's probably easier than you expected and if you go in well prepared you should come out feeling satisifed. Go through that prep sheet and figure out a basis of how you'd answer the questions just so you can communicate it easily without getting stressed out by the questions. For Music probably be prepared to talk about what areas of music you're particularly interested in, any inspirations, do you play any instruments etc.

I really enjoyed my interview actually as it was rather informal and we largely had a chat about what I found interesting about Electronics and what was my favourite subject at school and such
Reply 3
Hey, I know this thread is a year and bit old now, but I've got my interview for Electronic Engineering coming up soon, could you give me some advice on what kind of technical questions you were asked please?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending