The Student Room Group

Does anyone else miss the year 2008?

What a year that was.

Scroll to see replies

Runescape 2008 was just amazing. I miss it.

lol I'm on my iPhone so be gentle with me pls
Reply 2
Original post by lilypear

Can't say I have ever played that game
Original post by ngt93
Can't say I have ever played that game

Seriously?!
Reply 4

Ermagad

The memories

Nah don't really miss 2008 tbh I was in primary school and my life had no interest (oh wait. It still doesn't. Loll)
No, Oasis broke up that year :frown:

I do miss Doctor Who though, and how excited I was to get a Wii just after launch :biggrin:
Original post by AdamCee
Ermagad

The memories

Nah don't really miss 2008 tbh I was in primary school and my life had no interest (oh wait. It still doesn't. Loll)

OMG

what about MSN and BEBO!!?!?!
Reply 7
Seriously?!

Never even knew it existed until you mentioned it. :colondollar:
Reply 8
OMG

I was never much of a Bebo'er.. But MSN. Oh dear.

Did you have a weird animated word-art looking letter for every letter in the alphabet?!
Reply 9
OMG

lol remember that stupid love heart you could send to people on bebo.
Reply 10
Original post by AdamCee

Did you have a weird animated word-art looking letter for every letter in the alphabet?!

haha do you remember the shout outs you would get on msn?
Original post by AdamCee

MSN was the best ever when no one really knew how else to communicate over the interewebs, I didn't have animated word art for every letter, but some were pretty cool, and like nudging people if they didn't answer or sending the "knock" emoticon :lol:

Original post by ngt93
lol remember that stupid love heart you could send to people on bebo.

Yes! And making random people your other half :lol:
MSN was the best ever when no one really knew how else to communicate over the interewebs, I didn't have animated word art for every letter, but some were pretty cool, and like nudging people if they didn't answer or sending the "knock" emoticon :lol:

This. So much.

I used to have my settings so that it would save my chats to a text document and a few months ago I was looking through all my old files (I have many 1000's cos I'm weird) and came across all the conversations I had as a 10 year old... Was great.

Oh yeah nudging I remember that. And the overly long PM's people had...

Original post by ngt93
haha do you remember the shout outs you would get on msn?

Oh of course, I felt like a God among men with my shoutouts and the such xD
Left school that year :moon:
Original post by AdamCee
This. So much.

I used to have my settings so that it would save my chats to a text document and a few months ago I was looking through all my old files (I have many 1000's cos I'm weird) and came across all the conversations I had as a 10 year old... Was great.

Oh yeah nudging I remember that. And the overly long PM's people had...

Omg im feeling so nostalgic rn, I wish I remember my conversations with people but they were pretty terrible to say the least, and like judging people to what music they listened to because it showed as their status on MSN :lol:
Reply 15

Yes! And making random people your other half :lol:

And those terrible bebo skins you would get. :rolleyes:
Reply 16
Original post by AdamCee

Oh of course, I felt like a God among men with my shoutouts and the such xD

lol and those people that would sign in and out over and over again.
Runescape, Breaking Bad, Lost, Lehman Collapse, MSN, Limewire, Wall-E, Iron Man, The Dark Knight, Tropic Thunder, Wanted, Obama Election, Usain Bolt, Large Hadron Collider, GTA IV, Dead Space, The Force Unleashed and more.

2008 was a good year to be alive.
Nah because I was 16 back then with the worst haircut ever. It was also the year I got brainwashed by the internet and lived for bebo, MSN etc. Until then I never knew how easy it was to spend a full day in front of a screen pretty much doing nothing.
Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Arkasia
Runescape, Breaking Bad, Lost, Lehman Collapse, MSN, Limewire, Wall-E, Iron Man, The Dark Knight, Tropic Thunder, Wanted, Obama Election, Usain Bolt, Large Hadron Collider, GTA IV, Dead Space, The Force Unleashed and more.

2008 was a good year to be alive.

Call of Duty 5 too and Zombies for the first time. Still remember everyone going crazy over it!

Quick Reply

Latest