The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

Is a £36,000 degree from Edinburgh worth it?

Hi!

I just got a conditional offer from Edinburgh for English Literature! I love the course and the city and think the university looks great. The only issue is the extra £9000 debt. Is a degree from Edinburgh worth the extra debt or should I look elsewhere?

Reply 1
forget the money.
is it really worth an extra year of life. you're simply gonna end up repeating A2
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Original post by probablylaurie
Hi!

I just got a conditional offer from Edinburgh for English Literature! I love the course and the city and think the university looks great. The only issue is the extra £9000 debt. Is a degree from Edinburgh worth the extra debt or should I look elsewhere?

I got an offer from them too! I'd say it's better if you're not sure about your degree choice as it allows you to change subject in second year so you could end up graduating with a totally different degree!
Original post by chumshot
forget the money.
is it really worth an extra year of life. you're simply gonna end up repeating A2

I thought the first year was about looking at different subjects? Did you find it like A2?
Reply 4
Original post by probablylaurie
I thought the first year was about looking at different subjects? Did you find it like A2?

if you're heart's set on EL, then go for a 3 year degree. simply not worth the debt. if you're unsure, then yes i guess the extra 9k is an issue. have you considered the US (east coast), much better place to study EL if you're unsure.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending