The Student Room Group
what type of career are you specifically looking for?
Reply 2
Management tends to be high earning, normal work hours and many would say easy compared to the work all those under him/her have!
finance? but then again not sure if thats hard work
Reply 4
Accounting, high street solicitor, management consultants, managerial positions are the only ones I can think of.
Reply 5
They only get 22 days holiday kirstin :smile:

Management consultancy - hours are more like 50-60 per week rather than 40, and also large amounts of time spent away from home, and its based in London, so basically fits none of the criteria I set out :p:
Reply 6
Not at all, infact quite the opposite, I'm wondering what OTHER careers are high pay and low hours, other than accountancy:smile:
Reply 7
x.narb.x
Not at all, infact quite the opposite, I'm wondering what OTHER careers are high pay and low hours, other than accountancy:smile:

Interested in being a private investigator? It's good pay. At least £20 per hour i hear. Im almost qualified as one :biggrin:. The pay is highly dependent on you though...how well you do/how popular you are and how much time you wish to put into the work. The hours/type of work can be very unsociable but it's MUCH more interesting than accountancy!:smile:
Reply 8
Dustbin Man, not normal working hours but short working hours :biggrin:
Reply 9
Dude, either face up to the fact that most people need to work harder to earn more, or learn about financial spread betting or something and start trading. I trade 8am-10am, and 1pm-3pm four days a week. sometimes 4.30pm-6.30pm too.
Reply 10
Exactly, which is why I was asking other peoples opinions on what careers they consider to be high pay and low hours.
Reply 11
I wouldn't really class entrepreneurship as a career...
Reply 12
I'd class it as entrepreneurship, bit different to having a career, in my books.
Reply 13
:ditto:
Reply 14
Whatever, entrepreneurship wasn't really the answer I was looking for.
Reply 15
cleaning road signs.... a lot of the apparent working class jobs get paid a bomb!
I have heard Optometry is well paid.
(Don't know specific per annum figures though)
Reply 17
Dentistry
Reply 18
A partner at a regional office at a big 4 firm? Not sure about the hours though.

Latest

Trending

Trending