The Student Room Group
City campus, Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield
Visit website

Accommodation

Can anybody studying at the collegiate campus recommend some decent accommodations please

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
The Forge is a good distance and in a perfect location for everything but i stayed there at the start of this year and the accommodation in general is awful. The flats are a state,they charge you for every issue and when you finally leave they will do all they can to avoid paying back your deposit. But it really depends on which block/flat youre in as the majority of the flats there are totally fine.

Victoria Hall is by far the nicest accommodation and is also a decent distance away from collegiate. Just a note that if you want to stay here then apply ASAP as it fills up almost instantly.

Devonshire courtyard is a decent distance but not too close to collegiate. Its a little further than the forge but it is literally right next to the city centre. They also have larger numbers of people per flat than most other halls if that interests you.

Trigon is basically down the road from the Forge and is also a good choice.
City campus, Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield
Visit website
So do you recommend avoiding the forge or is it an okay accommodation depending on which flat you're placed in? I'm planning on putting Victoria hall as my first choice but just trying to find a suitable second

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by Hannahbear60
So do you recommend avoiding the forge or is it an okay accommodation depending on which flat you're placed in? I'm planning on putting Victoria hall as my first choice but just trying to find a suitable second

Posted from TSR Mobile

Its more than okay but from my experience and majority of people in my block it was very hit and miss. Plus a few days ago there was a fire in G block which was stupidly dangerous. I think the best secondary option would be trigon. Its not too different to the forge (i actually havent heard a bad thing about anything at trigon tbh) and its around and about the same distance. I think the only difference is single beds whereas forge is double.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending