The Student Room Group

Should I quit my internship

Hi,

I have taken a year out of university to work in industry.

I have been on this job for a few months now, but I have always been miserable. I have been slow in the workplace and struggling with tasks, and the thing is I am not sure if I can take all of this any longer.

Only the duration is keeping me motivated as I have about 7-8 months left, but I am not sure what to do. If I quit, then I don't know what to do
You should have a manager or supervisor at your workplace. Why not schedule a meeting with them to discuss your progress and see how you can improve. Leaving your internship is a big decision to make so try exhausting all the other routes first.
Reply 2
Original post by hothedgehog
You should have a manager or supervisor at your workplace. Why not schedule a meeting with them to discuss your progress and see how you can improve. Leaving your internship is a big decision to make so try exhausting all the other routes first.

Thanks for your response.

The internship is definitely beneficial in terms of my study and the project I am involved in is in my opinion good for all.

However, the people in the workplace have all been giving me the cold shoulder/silent treatment. I have been slow in the workplace and been finding things hard, and it makes it worse that no one really talks to me.

Personally, I feel that work has completely taken over my life and the only sort of driving force is the fact that I will be getting some form of income and the time duration. It won't be forever, but I honestly don't know what to do.

Is it worth risking another 6-7 months working at a company/organisation where you don't really get on well with others?
Reply 3
Thanks for your response.

The internship is definitely beneficial in terms of my study and the project I am involved in is in my opinion good for all.

However, the people in the workplace have all been giving me the cold shoulder/silent treatment. I have been slow in the workplace and been finding things hard, and it makes it worse that no one really talks to me.

Personally, I feel that work has completely taken over my life and the only sort of driving force is the fact that I will be getting some form of income and the time duration. It won't be forever, but I honestly don't know what to do.

Is it worth risking another 6-7 months working at a company/organisation where you don't really get on well with others?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending