The Student Room Group
Students on campus
York St John University
York
Visit website

York St John Applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Finally applied put St johns as my first Percy's lane as my second and the grange as my third :smile:
Students on campus
York St John University
York
Visit website
Oh thanks could you send me the link? 🙈

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 202
Original post by Amazeballs96
Anyone in St. John central flat 301?!?!

Hi, I am in this flat. What are you studying? I have been trying to find people on facebook, found one other person :smile:
Anyone in flat 603 at st johns central? :smile:
Original post by 08boothc
Oooh another OT student hi there I'm thinking of firming YSJ too, which other unis have you applied to/heard back from? :smile: as for accommodation the application for it begins around may/june time I believe and there are older and newer types of accommodation. I looked at St John Central (newer) and then City Residence (older) but they're are like most other halls tbh so looking at them won't make too much of a difference :smile: there are virtual tours on their website why not check them out? hope this helps xx

Hey i was wondering if you considered your place at YSJ for OT? and what accommodation you chose?
Original post by Mariyaz
Hey i was wondering if you considered your place at YSJ for OT? and what accommodation you chose?

Hey I did and found out i'd got in yesterday :smile: have you got a place at YSJ for OT and I'm staying in Limes Court, wbu? :smile: xx
Original post by 08boothc
Hey I did and found out i'd got in yesterday :smile: have you got a place at YSJ for OT and I'm staying in Limes Court, wbu? :smile: xx

Aw that's great news! & i've also got a place at YSJ for OT. I'm staying in Student Castle moving in on the 12th of September x
I got into Media!
Original post by jennahouston
I'm not applying for accommodation at St. John's, I'm living at home! But now I'm really worried I won't make any friends as I'm not flat sharing with anyone!:-(

I'm living at home too so don't worry I have the same worry! I'm more than happy to get to know each other and then you won't be able to say that you don't have any friends :wink:
My sister is looking to apply for a PGCE and for part of the interview process she has to teach a simple task to a group of six applicants for no longer than eight minutes. She would really appreciate your thoughts on what she could do for this. Also, during the interview process she has to give a critical response to an article - is it a written or verbal response? If anyone has experienced either during interview she would be grateful for any tips. She has applied to other Universities, but her first choice is YSJ. I didn't have to do either of these so I am of little help to her. Thank you.
Original post by Stace1222
My sister is looking to apply for a PGCE and for part of the interview process she has to teach a simple task to a group of six applicants for no longer than eight minutes. She would really appreciate your thoughts on what she could do for this. Also, during the interview process she has to give a critical response to an article - is it a written or verbal response? If anyone has experienced either during interview she would be grateful for any tips. She has applied to other Universities, but her first choice is YSJ. I didn't have to do either of these so I am of little help to her. Thank you.

Can't help with the second bit, but for the first task just tell her to pick something she's good at and knows a lot about. Something simple that most people wouldn't know and can be taught without too many materials, like how to cook an interesting meal or how to apply for Student Finance. Get her to roleplay it with you and your family a few times first and encourage her to develop a set lesson plan with set aims as to what the pupils learn at the end of those 8 minutes. Planning and practice will help massively.
I have just recieved an unconditional offer from YSJ for English Literature!
Currently on the English Literature programme and it's honestly the best uni you'll love it if you choose it as your firm! The tutors are so friendly, and the campus is so easy to get around! xx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending