The Student Room Group

My Girlfriend of nearly 3 years just cheated on me. should i forgive?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
She claims she was forced into all of this and whenever she refused he would threaten to tell me.

She wouldn't have done all this in the first place if she really loved you. She might have loved you, then fell off out of it. She sent nude's to others while being with you. "forced" would rather be more of a crappy excuse the woman is using to get away with it. Talk to her a bit, cross question her and don't be rude. Just forgive her and as hard as I know it can be for you, write her off and move on. Ask yourself: You really want to be with this type of a girl? Ball's in your court mate.
Reply 21
Forgiveness is just setting yourself up for heartbreak - trust me, I've been there.

I was with my ex for 7 years. After 3 of which, she was sending dirty texts to a guy she'd met online. I forgave her, but made certain she deleted his number and removed him from MSN messenger (that's how long ago this was... xD) - I got all the sob stories of "not trusting her" for the remaining 4 years, despite the fact that she'd PROVEN that she wasn't trustworthy. Anyway, long story short, throughout the sixth year of our relationship, she decided to form a FWB relationship with an ex-colleague of hers - telling me that she was "spending time with her mother", "girls nights out w/ work" - anything she could think of that I wouldn't be interested in joining her on. It was only after she'd been on a fourth date with him that I found out what was going on, and kicked her into touch. She told me that he was "just a friend" and that my trust issues were obvious. Two weeks later she was in a relationship with him, go figure.

TL : DR;
Cheats are cheats. Forget her and move on. The only person blackmailing here is her: she's blackmailing you into staying in a relationship with the threat of suicide.
Reply 22
Then she decides to talk to a former friend of mine about our relationship. Then it ended up in nude photos.

This doesn't really make sense does it?
Original post by danty
Forgiveness is just setting yourself up for heartbreak - trust me, I've been there.

I was with my ex for 7 years. After 3 of which, she was sending dirty texts to a guy she'd met online. I forgave her, but made certain she deleted his number and removed him from MSN messenger (that's how long ago this was... xD) - I got all the sob stories of "not trusting her" for the remaining 4 years, despite the fact that she'd PROVEN that she wasn't trustworthy. Anyway, long story short, throughout the sixth year of our relationship, she decided to form a FWB relationship with an ex-colleague of hers - telling me that she was "spending time with her mother", "girls nights out w/ work" - anything she could think of that I wouldn't be interested in joining her on. It was only after she'd been on a fourth date with him that I found out what was going on, and kicked her into touch. She told me that he was "just a friend" and that my trust issues were obvious. Two weeks later she was in a relationship with him, go figure.

Cheats are cheats. Forget her and move on. The only person blackmailing here is her: she's blackmailing you into staying in a relationship with the threat of suicide.

Cheaters...... They'll never learn or will they?
Original post by danty

So true
Is there any way i can take legal action against this guy. Shes already dumped.
What a load of ****, sorry an all but that is ridiculous. If I were you mate just I'd find the courage to move on. She was more scared about you being told a LIE that she was flirting with someone rather than you finding out she supposedly got blackmailed to send pictures of herself.

Utterly ridiculous. Her excuse is a complete lie

Posted from TSR Mobile
It's not really a big thing to be black mailed over, she should have spoke to u first. Now by her sending nude pics, wouldn't he blackmail her over the pics ?
(edited 9 years ago)
Legal action?

Just move on from the whole situation OP.
Reply 29
Glad you ended it, OP.
She wont stop messaging me about how shes been living in fear that he would tell me.
Reply 31
Okay so I've been with my girlfriend for about 2 years and half and shes always been the kindest and most loyal person to me. She slightly suffers from depression and she can be easily influenced at times. Her confidence over the last couple of months has dropped so low that she nearly failed her exams. Just before the summer i had an argument about her talking to this one guy she met at college I told her to quit speaking to him and so she did but she was really upset that i didnt have any tryst for her. She then had one of my former friends of college for some help and she told me last night that he threatened to tell me that she florted with him unless she posts naked pictures of herself. This guy knew all too well we were in a relatiobship. She told me lastnight she was blackmailed into all of this and was scared to tell me. My heart sank and its the first time shes ever done such a thing to me since i met her 2 and a half years ago.

My question is should i forgive her or tell her to start packing and what should i do to the guy?

thanks

Firstly you need to batter the guy, it's the code

Next you need to dump her, and dump her good
I forgave her for flirting with this other guy. Then she still think i dont have trust for her. Then she decides to talk to a former friend of mine about our relationship. Then it ended up in nude photos.

All the excuses she giving me is bull****. I love her a lot but i dont want a future like this.

I dont have a clue what to do with the guy as it wont change much

Sounds like you have your answer. This is the second time she's done something like that? You might love her but she clearly has no respect for you or consideration for your feelings, that's not a healthy relationship
Nobody keeps sending nudes for a month rather than just tell their partner they were being accused of flirting when they didn't, unless they WANT to send the nudes. Simple as. She cheated and disrespected you and doesn't even have the guts to own up properly and apologise so is covering it with this, and on that basis I'd end it. The actual cheating could be forgivable if she showed how sorry she was and owned up immediately, which she hasnt.
Is there any way i can take legal action against this guy. Shes already dumped.

Not your business OP. Stay out of her mess now.
Reply 35
Okay so I've been with my girlfriend for about 2 years and half and shes always been the kindest and most loyal person to me. She slightly suffers from depression and she can be easily influenced at times. Her confidence over the last couple of months has dropped so low that she nearly failed her exams. Just before the summer i had an argument about her talking to this one guy she met at college I told her to quit speaking to him and so she did but she was really upset that i didnt have any tryst for her. She then had one of my former friends of college for some help and she told me last night that he threatened to tell me that she florted with him unless she posts naked pictures of herself. This guy knew all too well we were in a relatiobship. She told me lastnight she was blackmailed into all of this and was scared to tell me. My heart sank and its the first time shes ever done such a thing to me since i met her 2 and a half years ago.

My question is should i forgive her or tell her to start packing and what should i do to the guy?

thanks

1. You're an idiot.

You had an argument with her for talking to some guy? That's exactly the sort of behaviour which leads people to cheat.

2. Stop playing the victim
This is entirely a situation of your own making.

"It's the first time she ever done such a thing to me"
She's done nothing to you. She has been blackmailed and you're the one playing the victim and asking us whether you should give her forgiveness? Get over yourself.

The only reason the blackmail worked is because she knows what you get like over these things. IF she felt like she could say no, and that the guy would lie but you would believe HER over him, then it wouldn't have happened in the first place.

So basically, she's probably better off without you.
She is not worth it. Get out of there.
I'd give the girl one last chance. To be honest her guilt might actually save the relationship.

As for the guy. get some boys in with some pliers and a blow torch, and get Medieval on his arse. I swear to God i'd make the **** suffer.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 38
Get rid of her and sort that slimey **** out while you're at it.

Don't be a bitch now.
Original post by Pindar
1. You're an idiot.

You had an argument with her for talking to some guy? That's exactly the sort of behaviour which leads people to cheat.

2. Stop playing the victim
This is entirely a situation of your own making.

"It's the first time she ever done such a thing to me"
She's done nothing to you. She has been blackmailed and you're the one playing the victim and asking us whether you should give her forgiveness? Get over yourself.

The only reason the blackmail worked is because she knows what you get like over these things. IF she felt like she could say no, and that the guy would lie but you would believe HER over him, then it wouldn't have happened in the first place.

So basically, she's probably better off without you.

People like you are why people like her exist.

This situation would never of happened if she hadn't flirted with the other guy. It wouldn't have escalated if she hadn't of sent nudes. The entire situation is almost completely her fault

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending