The Student Room Group

UCAS! please help urgent !

Hi all, i am facing following problems with my ucas:

1. should i send my application in holidays or not?

2.How many referees are needed? i am applying as a private international (non EU) candidate though i am a regular student at a school in my home country but my school is not registered with ucas!

3.On of my referee is my headmistress and other one my psychology teacher... i have 3 other subjects...what about them? In my opinion as compared to a school registered with ucas my recommendations will not be much appreciated ?... because am thinking of asking another teacher for my reference?

3.Is it good to apply for 2 courses at all of my four chosen universities?

4. two of my chosen universities say i cannot apply for year two entry though i am applying for the same course i.e psychology? I think i should apply for the same course with both year 1 and year 2 as point of entry....for whom they have reserved 2nd year entries when their websites clearly state they can do that? might be someone who have the authority gives an offer fro 2nd year?

5. I don't have any e-cards to pay for application...what other method is available?

HELP HELP BECAUSE ITS URGENT.THANKS THANKS THANKS!

Scroll to see replies

1. Yes, you can send your application in the holidays, but you may not hear anything until after the holidays.
2. You only need one reference, although some schools choose to have subject teachers write a little bit on their students and then have one referee copy it all into one document and write it all together
3. You can only apply to five courses, so you'd be able to apply to three universities once and one university twice (or two universities twice and one university once)
4. If they say you can't apply for second year entry, don't apply for second year entry. It's a waste of a choice and their time.
5. I believe you are only able to pay with a credit or debit card.
Reply 2
Original post by loperdoper
1. Yes, you can send your application in the holidays, but you may not hear anything until after the holidays.
2. You only need one reference, although some schools choose to have subject teachers write a little bit on their students and then have one referee copy it all into one document and write it all together
3. You can only apply to five courses, so you'd be able to apply to three universities once and one university twice (or two universities twice and one university once)
4. If they say you can't apply for second year entry, don't apply for second year entry. It's a waste of a choice and their time.
5. I believe you are only able to pay with a credit or debit card.

But i have already asked two people as referees? So much thank you...................may God rewards you with your kind heartedness!
Original post by Haris Tariq
But i have already asked two people as referees? So much thank you...................may God rewards you with your kind heartedness!

You're going to either have to tell someone that they're not required, or ask one of them if they'll combine their references.
Reply 4

Usually, your subject teachers each write a paragraph. Your head teacher will then combine these into a reference. You can only have one reference overall. This must be less than 47 lines and 4000 characters.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
You're going to either have to tell someone that they're not required, or ask one of them if they'll combine their references.

Thank you but ucas says, may be i ma searching on a wrong page or inaccurately?
[h="3"]8. Then you get two references[/h]You can’t send in your application until two references are attached to it.

You give the names and contact details of two people and we ask them to provide a reference.

We let you know when each reference has been received but you won’t be able to see them.

We give referees two weeks to do this if they take longer we’ll send them a reminder and let you know.

There’ll always be some delay while you wait for references to be completed and you must bear this in mind when you’re deciding when to make your application. If you want to speed up the process contact your referees to ask them to respond as soon as possible.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by Juno
Usually, your subject teachers each write a paragraph. Your head teacher will then combine these into a reference. You can only have one reference overall. This must be less than 47 lines and 4000 characters.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you but ucas says:
[h="3"]8. Then you get two references[/h]You can’t send in your application until two references are attached to it.

You give the names and contact details of two people and we ask them to provide a reference.

We let you know when each reference has been received but you won’t be able to see them.

We give referees two weeks to do this if they take longer we’ll send them a reminder and let you know.

There’ll always be some delay while you wait for references to be completed and you must bear this in mind when you’re deciding when to make your application. If you want to speed up the process contact your referees to ask them to respond as soon as possible.
Thank you but ucas says:

I just had a look at UCAS. The two references are for teacher training applications. Not regular applications.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thank you but ucas says, may be i ma searching on a wrong page or inaccurately?
8. Then you get two references

You can’t send in your application until two references are attached to it.

As Coffeetime says, you're looking at the page for Teacher Training (and I'm assuming you're applying for undergraduate entry?).

This is the page you want to be looking at
Reply 9
As Coffeetime says, you're looking at the page for Teacher Training (and I'm assuming you're applying for undergraduate entry?).

This is the page you want to be looking at

Thanks!
Well, i am an international student, applying for undergraduate courses, after my referees complete their reference, then i will pay ? and send it. How can i pay, i don't know? where is the ucas page for this thing...especially where i can see country wise method.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Coffeetime
I just had a look at UCAS. The two references are for teacher training applications. Not regular applications.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you very much!
Thanks!
Well, i am an international student, applying for undergraduate courses, after my referees complete their reference, then i will pay ? and send it. How can i pay, i don't know? where is the ucas page for this thing...especially where i can see country wise method.

Once you fill out your application, you will have the option to pay and send. You can't send it until your referee has filled out their part.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Once you fill out your application, you will have the option to pay and send. You can't send it until your referee has filled out their part.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you! can you please help me with the method f of paying for an international student. I will be really really happy if you could do that.thanks nevertheless.
Thank you! can you please help me with the method f of paying for an international student. I will be really really happy if you could do that.thanks nevertheless.

Do you mean paying for your application?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Do you mean paying for your application?

Posted from TSR Mobile

yes am asking for the 23 pounds that must be paid for my ucas application.
yes am asking for the 23 pounds that must be paid for my ucas application.

You use a credit card to pay for it.
You use a credit card to pay for it.

Thanks !
Thanks !

You're welcome! Good luck!
You're welcome! Good luck!

you are helpful, can u guide me with this or post it in a way that i get good and more advice:
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3041413
you are helpful, can u guide me with this or post it in a way that i get good and more advice:
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3041413

I think which course you should do all depends on your preference. If you want to be a psychologist, why study business at all.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending