The Student Room Group

Is it crucial I apply via UCAS for second year entry?

I sent my ucas off with my 5 choices for second year entry, but unfortunately one of them when I contacted them gave me a mixed picture on the prospect of applying and now it turns out I can't go into second year at that place. And since I've passed the seven day deadline I can't change it for another uni :L

I'm asking if it is possible for me to apply directly to a university instead of having to do it through ucas for this point of entry, as I understand it is different as to applying at university from year one.

Plus I got an offer from one university before I even sent a ucas application to them..so it's making me wonder..

thanks
Original post by Cameron10
I sent my ucas off with my 5 choices for second year entry, but unfortunately one of them when I contacted them gave me a mixed picture on the prospect of applying and now it turns out I can't go into second year at that place. And since I've passed the seven day deadline I can't change it for another uni :L

I'm asking if it is possible for me to apply directly to a university instead of having to do it through ucas for this point of entry, as I understand it is different as to applying at university from year one.

Plus I got an offer from one university before I even sent a ucas application to them..so it's making me wonder..

thanks

You have to use UCAS. I'm not sure how you could even receive an offer without an application.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
You would need to ask the unis, as some may let you apply outside of ucas. Most will want you to submit a UCAS application though

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending