The Student Room Group

Possibly Pregnant

Well as the title says I mite be pregnant....It was my 1st time with this rather lovely guy n da condom jus split we noticed as soon as it happened but there was c*m n it was 2 late unfortunately...

I did get the morning after pill but as it was weekend I got it after 48 hrs but b4 the recommended 72 hrs....I did go 2 see my GP n she was like that as I was on the day 21 of my 28 days cycle the chances of gettin pregnant were really low...n that they r highest around day 14-16...plus the fact i took the pill is extra protection against it....she also told me abt IUD(coil thingy) I cud get fitted which wud be 99% effective but it seemed 2 invasive n i chickened out...:frown:

Well Im due 2 go back soon if my period doesnt show in a couple of days as its abt time 4 it 2 do so...she said I cud get a medical abortion(pills basically) n that seemed more appealing then the coil 2 me...Im soo worriedd I just wanted to get this off my chest as I've told no1 abt it except the guy(but its long distance thingy) so he's not around...n the fact that I've jsut started uni n my course is really hectic n demandin doesnt help....(theres nobody I could talk 2 abt it too as Im still gettin 2 know ppl)...:frown:

It's really all very hard decisions that I'll have 2 make but i was just wondering if anyone has been through the same kinda stuff n any kinda advice would be really ko0ol...I feel realllyy ****tttyyy :frown: :frown:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
You could get the coil but it's not always effective. My Mum had it to prevent me and here I am.
Reply 2
hannah_dru
My Mum had it to prevent me and here I am.

I bet you enjoyed hearing that little gem :smile:.
Reply 3
Get the implant!
Reply 4
Talon
I bet you enjoyed hearing that little gem :smile:.

Haha yeah I was quite :indiff: for a while. But then Mum reassured me that she wanted me and it was my dad who didn't.
The coil your mom would have gotten is much out of date and not used anymore! The modern one is more than 99% effective. If you've already taken the morning after pill, the coil is the only other option you have to prevent a pregnancy.

In terms of a long-term option, you should use something in addition to condoms!
Reply 6
hannah_dru
Haha yeah I was quite :indiff: for a while. But then Mum reassured me that she wanted me and it was my dad who didn't.

That's alright then? :confused:
Reply 7
Sarky
That's alright then? :confused:

Yeah, I don't see him. Bad Dad.

Glad the new one is much more effective though.
Reply 8
hannah_dru
Yeah, I don't see him. Bad Dad.

Glad the new one is much more effective though.

Ah ok then that makes sense :smile:
Reply 9
feel and see if there is anything kicking down there
Reply 10
Crouch
feel and see if there is anything kicking down there

You do know that doesn't happen as soon as conception occurs? :rolleyes:
Chiiiilll, the chances are very slim, and if by chance you do get preggers, then is the time to think about your options, not now. Worrying now will do absolutely no good, and may well mess up your cycle making you worry even more, so chill out, no need to worry yet, and when you know one way or the other, then you can deal with it.
Why don't you just do a pregnancy test?! Seems the obvious solution to your worries but no one seems to have suggested it. You can buy one for about £15 or get it free at an NHS walk-in clinic if you can find one. Hope it's good news :smile:
I thougt the op hadnt missed a period yet, therefore a pregnancy test wouldn't be effective yet.
Reply 14
hannah_dru

:eek:

My parents didnt want me, I was a mistake.
kirstinx
:eek:

My parents didnt want me, I was a mistake.

Awww! Assuming they do now though?
Really stays in your head though.
Reply 16
hannah_dru
Awww! Assuming they do now though?
Really stays in your head though.

No, they dont want me now either, I haven't spoken or seen them for a year:p:
kirstinx
No, they dont want me now either, I haven't spoken or seen them for a year:p:

Hehe.
The best thing you can do is get a pregnancy test and find out! The sooner you find out the sooner you can be relieved (if you are not), however if you are, the quicker things can be sorted out!
To the OP -
Try not to worrry - easier said that done, I know! I was in your situation about 2 years ago, but I took the morning after pill even later (about 60 hours). I was fine, although my period was a week late.

Well done for thinking quickly and doing the right thing by taking the pill. There is only a tiny chance that you will be pregnant - as your doctor said, if you had sex right at the end of your cycle, then you didn't have sex in your "fertile" time, which is in the middle, when ovulation occurs. Try not to stress too much - you will possibly delay your period just by worrying about it (as I did). If you period IS a couple of days late, take a pregnancy test - you can get one for about £5.

Just a final note to say that if you are pregnant (very unlikely, but still) - think carefully before opting for the chemical abortion. It might just seem like a problem to you, but you would in fact have a tiny child inside you; a bit of life who would grow up into a person. Think carefully and remember that its not just a thing, but a person, just like you. I was 17 when I thought I could be pregnant, and we made the decision that we would keep the baby if I was, just because I couldn't handle the idea of aborting a life.

Keep positive though - the chances are hugely, hugely stacked in the "not pregnant" aisle.

Latest

Trending

Trending