The Student Room Group

AQA A2 SOCIOLOGY: Official Revision Thread for 2015 exams!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Stephaniecamille
Omg have you got any exemplar answers for a crime and deviance essay question please? There's so much to include and so little time.

No I don't, sorry! :frown: But my advice to you would be that it's better to know a little from every topic rather than everything in just 3 or 4.
BELIEFS IN SOCIETY EXAM PAPER 2014
1. Identify and briefly explain three in which evidence is against secularisation in the past 30 years so or (excluding Davie 'believing without belonging which was mentioned in the item) (9 marks)

2. Assess the view that traditional church attendance is declining due to young people no longer being attracted to it (18 marks)

3. 'Religion is able to maintain social stability and avoid conflict' How far does sociological explanations and evidence support this view? (33 marks)

or
4. Assess the feminist contribution to sociology today (33 marks)
Original post by DeanneSocio
Hey Guys, I studied Sociology A Level - Beliefs in Society and Crime and Deviance. I received A*'s in both units so if anyone has any questions, or needs any help then let me know!

:smile:

Do you have any revision notes for Crime and Deviance?
No I don't, sorry! :frown: But my advice to you would be that it's better to know a little from every topic rather than everything in just 3 or 4.

Aw it's alright and I'll take that on board thanks :smile:. Oh and well done for the A* it's incredible, you must be extremely clever.
Original post by Stephaniecamille
Aw it's alright and I'll take that on board thanks :smile:. Oh and well done for the A* it's incredible, you must be extremely clever.

Haha, aw thanks! It's not that I am clever, I just have a really good memory - I memorised every single topic and knew it off by heart!
Reply 85
Haha, aw thanks! It's not that I am clever, I just have a really good memory - I memorised every single topic and knew it off by heart!

Wow, I'm hoping for A's in both units. How did you revise crime and deviance w/ theory & methods? 33 markers are the bane of my life. :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's so good, I'm going to try and memorise it all aswell.. Hopefully I get good grades like you did.. I really need good grades 😂
Reply 87
does anyone have any predictions for the crime and deviance exam? i think realist or subcultural theories are likely to come up and postmodernism/social policy for 33 marker?
Original post by qasii96
does anyone have any predictions for the crime and deviance exam? i think realist or subcultural theories are likely to come up and postmodernism/social policy for 33 marker?

Social policy? Is that likely? My teacher hasn't even taught us anything on that 😨
Hi,
IN NEED OF HELP
Im sitting sociology AQA A2 privately. I still havent started my revision. Could any one recommend how to approach revising? Im planning on doing Religon for paper 3 and Crime and Deviance for paper 4.
Do i just need to revise the topics i will be sitting?
I know I have to learn the research methods; could there be essays on research method?
Original post by Noshin786
Hi,
IN NEED OF HELP
Im sitting sociology AQA A2 privately. I still havent started my revision. Could any one recommend how to approach revising? Im planning on doing Religon for paper 3 and Crime and Deviance for paper 4.
Do i just need to revise the topics i will be sitting?
I know I have to learn the research methods; could there be essays on research method?

The crime and deviance paper is spilt into a section on crime and one of research methods so you will have to learn the research methods, i find making flash cards and mind maps very useful also doing past papers, you can access the past papers on the aqa website and it helps you plan for questions but also see what the paper will be like and get a hang of the timing. Good luck!
Reply 91
Original post by citydeer
The crime and deviance paper is spilt into a section on crime and one of research methods so you will have to learn the research methods, i find making flash cards and mind maps very useful also doing past papers, you can access the past papers on the aqa website and it helps you plan for questions but also see what the paper will be like and get a hang of the timing. Good luck!

Annoying thing about Sociology is that there is sooo much to remember
Reply 92
Hey Guys, I studied Sociology A Level - Beliefs in Society and Crime and Deviance. I received A*'s in both units so if anyone has any questions, or needs any help then let me know!

Hey, would you be able to send me your crime & deviance notes please?
Reply 93
Original post by qasii96

I think realists as well, it will be a hard, but nice question to ask. It will show the depth of knowledge some people have!
Ugh, if it's postmodernism, then I'm screwed. I got 23/33 and got no feedback on how to improve. :frown:
Social policy would be amazing!!! It's so easy and you can go on forever about theory and give examples for high evaluation marks. :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Magnus Taylor
We are doing crime and deviance, and beliefs in society. I got 184/200 at AS so need 136/200 for an A overall in these exams :biggrin:. Anybody else doing these topics?

I am :smile: and I'm in more or less the same boat. Have you finished covering all content in both topics yet? any revision tips for remembering it all? There's SO much for C+D it's unreal. I swear it's such a huge jump from AS to A2 in this subject :frown:
Original post by catsRgr8
I am :smile: and I'm in more or less the same boat. Have you finished covering all content in both topics yet? any revision tips for remembering it all? There's SO much for C+D it's unreal. I swear it's such a huge jump from AS to A2 in this subject :frown:

I know we are getting setting an essay a week in both topics, starting to become strenuous
Original post by Magnus Taylor
I know we are getting setting an essay a week in both topics, starting to become strenuous

We've had a 33 marker a week since Jan it's been ridiculous! And I'm the sort of person who isn't comfortable writing essays until I have learnt the content my heart so i know what I'm on about but when we're being set all this and we haven't even covered it all yet let alone revised it its driving me mad! I think I'm just going to have to give up everything in life apart from my Saturday job (which will be a strain even still) for revision until 18th June...
Reply 97

Hi, what ums mark did you get for AS? Just wandered how likely it is for me to get an A* too! Well done by the way :smile: also, do you have any revision tips?
Reply 98
Original post by catsRgr8

I never understand those who call this a 'soft subject'
All opinions but there is sooo much to learn. How do they expect us to learn 10 topics, 8 theories, methods etc....?
Original post by xxvine
I never understand those who call this a 'soft subject'
All opinions but there is sooo much to learn. How do they expect us to learn 10 topics, 8 theories, methods etc....?

Lol I completely agree with you there! Soft subject? Pfft nah mate

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending