The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by DomStaff
My TSR name is practically my real name hahaha, minus three letters.

I may have just found you on Facebook...
Reply 1981
By the way, if you get an offer from the pool, do you get contacted by your new college or your original one?
For anyone that had pre-interview reading, were you given questions to answer or was it like just a passage? Are you just supposed to make notes/highlight stuff etc?

Also good luck for everyone waiting on a decision tomorrow! :smile:
Original post by niamhryle
Emmanuel! I have no chance of getting in haha but applying was a good experience

Holy mother of guppies that's my college too! Were you being interviewed on the 10th? If so, I probably met you! :smile:
My TSR name is practically my real name hahaha, minus three letters.

Haha, fair enough
Just as a note:

The thickness of your letter, its postmark, its size and whatever else about it are not going to tell you if you've gotten in.

The only thing that's going to do that is the actual letter.
Original post by Elcor
I may have just found you on Facebook...

You probably have! When I was on holiday and some French girls added me, I was the top on their results, so I probably am on yours as well, haha.
Original post by CaitlinDy
I looked at that and from some perspective it says "LEAVE" is this a sign?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Dead : Alive : Leave
Reject : Offer : Pooled (and fished)
:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
You probably have! When I was on holiday and some French girls added me, I was the top on their results, so I probably am on yours as well, haha.

Draw me like one of your French girls <3

Are the initials of your school EB? :rolleyes:
Original post by Elcor

It was more them drawing me, not going to lie; they loved it.

Indeed they are.
Reply 1990
Original post by BVN
By the way, if you get an offer from the pool, do you get contacted by your new college or your original one?

I *thought* it was your original one. But I can't remember why I thought that. I think I read something from Cambridge but haven't been able to find it again.
Original post by Renee8100
For anyone that had pre-interview reading, were you given questions to answer or was it like just a passage? Are you just supposed to make notes/highlight stuff etc?

Also good luck for everyone waiting on a decision tomorrow! :smile:

I had a pre-interview reading for my geography interview. I was given 20 minutes to read a 8 page article on a geographical issue that I'd never encountered before. I barely finished reading mine due to amount I had to read, I did however make a few notes as a prompt, something I'd recommend doing. If you get a long article make notes but not many as otherwise you won't have time to read it all!
Original post by Elcor

Wonder how many will search me now hahahaha. Not particularly bothered about my true identity anyway, tbh, already got a couple on here as friends.
Wonder how many will search me now hahahaha. Not particularly bothered about my true identity anyway, tbh, already got a couple on here as friends.

Probably loads! Might add you if we both get offers :wink:

Name and shame them haha
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Lol, I still haven't thought about a rejection because I'll be sad so j ignoring it

If only:frown:

:lol: I wanted to stay on here for tonight, but I don't know how strong the tablets will be and if I'll be able to stay awake past 8.

Also...

If it's not an A4 envelope and like a standard tiny one I'm not opening it, I'll just accept it

My cousin who got an offer from Cambridge two years ago said she got her letter in a small envelope - it literally just had her offer letter in it. The other stuff came later on.

Good luck for tomorrow!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Did anyone else just got an email from Queens'? I opened it with shaky fingers but it turned out to be an email telling us the letters were sent :colone:
It began with the word "sorry" too
I swear I've never been so scared in my life
I've noticed some people saying that decisions by email will only be sent on Monday - is that true?
Also, if your college has always contacted you by email does that mean the rejection/offer will also come by email (rather than letter)?
Original post by RainbowVeins
Did anyone else just got an email from Queens'? I opened it with shaky fingers but it turned out to be an email telling us the letters were sent :colone:

Omg same I was like why do this to us ahahaha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by paradoxicalme
Just as a note:

The thickness of your letter, its postmark, its size and whatever else about it are not going to tell you if you've gotten in.

The only thing that's going to do that is the actual letter.

Yep this is true. Some rejections get sent in big envelopes. Don't read into the envelope.
Original post by RainbowVeins

That's outrageous :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending