The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 780
Original post by jchap9776
If you average over 95%, didn't have a terrible interview and are state schooled you have a good chance, I'm sure it'd be okay if you reply a couple of hours later and from what I've heard they might email aswell about re-interview :smile:

Thanks, I think I was just getting myself panicked haha, I tick two of those boxes so I can only hope (the interview was horrific haha)

Original post by jamiep151
I would imagine the college would understand you calling them back at 4 esspecially as it would be unreasonable for them to expect you to recall during college times (some don't allow phones).

I can't imagine someone with 99% and an 8 not getting an offer but without knowing our interview scores will just have to wait :smile:

Well I definitely haven't got an 8! :colondollar: Thanks for the help :smile:
Original post by jwf13
Thanks, I think I was just getting myself panicked haha, I tick two of those boxes so I can only hope (the interview was horrific haha)

Well I definitely haven't got an 8! :colondollar: Thanks for the help :smile:

Well they do allow for nerves! And tbf lots of people get offers who think they've done badly at interview so best of luck :smile:
Reply 782
Original post by jchap9776
Well they do allow for nerves! And tbf lots of people get offers who think they've done badly at interview so best of luck :smile:

Yes but I said things that were beyond idiotic! Best of luck to you too!
Reply 783
Anyone know whether St.Catz email applicants? Can't seem to find any info about it on their website
Original post by andreastitan
I already have a job at a law firm for september :biggrin: is that ok? :wink:

What job at a law firm did you get without a degree?
Reply 785
Well today's almost over and then it's just 3 more full days which will fly by and then it's Saturday!
Reply 786
Sounds good what did you apply for? :biggrin:

Land Economy at Cambridge, unrelated chemistry, economics, political and social sciences courses elsewhere

Straight Law would've required a coherent Law-only PS
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 787
Original post by serafina44
Well, 42 is a very high score. Congrats :smile: And about the interview...well, I think that the more you had to think and challenge yourself, the better:wink:

I'm doing matura (there was no Cambridge in my plans when I was to choose school; in fact I decided to apply in September). LO XIV in Wrocław. And you?

I attended PALO (VIII Prywatne Liceum) in Kraków. Which college did you apply to?
Reply 788
Would it be likely that I would get an interview?

Someone too at interview, was on a gap year. A* A* A* A* and extras.

:smile:
Reply 789
If you were going to take a gap year and you have A*A*A A and high IGCSE's, would you guys recommend applying for law?

If you were already going to take one then sure. Taking a gap year to reapply is not so straightforward.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 790
Original post by suzanamarieXD
Anyone doing HSPS and/or at Robinson? :biggrin:

Economics at Robinson (open application) :smile: Why does it seem that everybody hates Robinson? :confused:
Reply 791
Original post by AMRF
Economics at Robinson (open application) :smile: Why does it seem that everybody hates Robinson? :confused:

Im at Robinson. No one hates robinson its more a lackadaisical attitude as it doesn't have the prestige of older colleges.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by icamui1
Hello there :biggrin: ! What college are you applying for ?

St John's :smile:
It seems we are all for there in this thread !

Posted from TSR Mobile
Was wondering where the Cambridge thread had disappeared from on my watched list :P I guess I found it (mark III :biggrin:)
Original post by marsbms
St John's :smile:
It seems we are all for there in this thread !

Posted from TSR Mobile

Trinity (: oooh, rivalry. Just joking (: all the best for your application! (:
Original post by Flippi1
HSPS here at Wolfson .... Good luck

How do you like Wolfson? I was there to interview for law in December. Now awaiting their decision : /
Any mature students around? I'm waiting for a decision from Wolfson...
my friend's mobile contract has ended and her phone is not working at all, if she gets pooled will they definitely call her or will she be likely to get an email?
Reply 798
Original post by cappunno18
I heard that auto-pooling only happened last year and they scrapped it for this year. Can't find any information online, does anybody know?

I really hope not! I don't think it was scrapped - I spoke to an admissions tutor from Newnham (where I believe the pooling physically takes place? Could be wrong tho) earlier this year and she explained the process to me which I doubt she would have done if it had been/had the possibility of being scrapped. Unless they scrapped it after I saw her but I doubt that very much as I saw her in Nov - surely if they thought the auto-pooling system was flawed/not useful, they would have realised that in January 2014 and finalised the decision to do away with it soon after that?

The only other thing I can think of is that Maths and Med applicants can't be autopooled - maybe somebody used the term scrapped when discussing that?

I'm can't definitively give you an answer, but I think that it's unlikely that they'd have scrapped it. Apologies for the ultra rambly post!

EDIT: That being said, she told me that the ums average necessary for auto-pooling was something that changed year by year, dependent on the the average top 3/SUMS ums of all applicant in a given year. I've seen 93% been thrown around a lot (perhaps because it was last year's figure?) but I just thought that I should mention that it could be higher or lower for this application cycle.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Perks25
How do you like Wolfson? I was there to interview for law in December. Now awaiting their decision : /

I had my interview on the 9th for HSPS - I really liked The college and the staff were all very friendly - it's not the prettiest college but I like the location at the more salubrious end of town.

i found the college Interview relatively ok a bit argumentative with me but I enjoyed the banter.

The academic interview was really tough they pushed and pushed and were quite serious with me ??

i won't be surprised either way to be honest it's so hard to tell

good luck though - how did you get on?

Latest

Trending

Trending