The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MrsRochester
Flushed out another parent-lurker here! Mother to 1x Cambridge undergrad and 1x Cambridge applicant :/

Welcome! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 981
Original post by BeccaBrowning
Do you get reinterview offers today?

Yep today:smile:
Original post by sr-96
Just got a pool re-interview invite. Really didn't want this to happen:frown::frown::frown:
I knew I had made silly mistakes with the maths problems!

Good luck! And please forgive me but I am curious; has your saq changed? (The college on the saq)

Posted from TSR Mobile

And if any of you lovely applicants have queries, I went through this all last year.

As though it were yesterday….:eek:
Reply 984
Original post by AlphaAlchemist
Good luck! And please forgive me but I am curious; has your saq changed? (The college on the saq)

Posted from TSR Mobile

I just logged on to the SAQ page and was greeted by the horror that is my SAQ picture:tongue: But no the college hasn't changed.
Original post by sr-96
I just logged on to the SAQ page and was greeted by the horror that is my SAQ picture:tongue: But no the college hasn't changed.

Thanks for checking. I'm an "saq theorist" lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've never been so tense before... My brother just got rejected from Oxford and honestly I think he had a much better chance of getting into Oxbridge than me so I'm really really not feeling positive about it :mad:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 987
God, I was just over at the other thread. Rejections make me more nervous about my own. And acceptances make me even more nervous about my own. And envious and insignificant too. Lose/lose...but morbid curiosity
Reply 988
Original post by Goods
You wouldn't be automatically pooled as your application doesn't contain your obtained grades. They wont have seen your scores

Posted from TSR Mobile

I knew, IB came out really late this year. What about the predicted grades? Do they count towards anything in the pool?
Our school don't let us see our predicted grades but i think it should be similar to what i got.
I'm so scared about being asked to go to another interview :/ my interviews went horrendously and they didn't seem to like me at all but my ums were above the autopool level so I'm sure I've been pooled
Reply 990
Original post by CheIIe
I knew, IB came out really late this year. What about the predicted grades? Do they count towards anything in the pool?
Our school don't let us see our predicted grades but i think it should be similar to what i got.

predicted grades dont count. only results you have when you apply count and auto pooling only exists for a level applicants with high AS ums or post qualification candidates

n.b. you are also pooled based on interview performance
My friend just got a pool interview at Robinson! Its for NatSci... He has to go on Saturday!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jessb_3125
My friend just got a pool interview at Robinson! Its for NatSci... He has to go on Saturday!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey do you know whether your friend is bio or phys and is he from the UK? Apologies for being intrusive - I'm genuinely worried :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
All three of the people from my school who got oxford interviews have offers, I feel like this has really piled on the pressure now gah

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jessb_3125

Posted from TSR Mobile

What was his original college?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by NinjaPandaa
All three of the people from my school who got oxford interviews have offers, I feel like this has really piled on the pressure now gah

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ikr... We had 2 medics get in so far
Reply 996
Original post by NinjaPandaa

Posted from TSR Mobile

All one from ours didn't get an offer :frown:
Original post by L'Evil Fish
One thing, in the pool, surely those who took admissions tests and that have better chances than those of us who didn't?

I can't see why that would be the case?
Original post by #betahouse
Yo anyone know when the decision day for Cambridge is?

Letters are being posted on Friday, so UK students should hear Saturday (or Monday if not).
Original post by fluteflute
X

Hey :smile: do you think that colleges that don't require the TSA care if you got a terrible score in it? (I'm pretty sure it's messed up my application to St John's because I did so badly but wondering whether it affects my chances of being pooled somewhere else - I qualify for auto-pool)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending