The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by phatlittlelemon
Hey you from Australia too? :biggrin: Which state?

Melbourne VIC:smile:
Original post by physicsmaths
I am. lol what is (well sort of) ? im curious haha.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hahaha ... Well my parents are both Sikh and so I have been born a Sikh ... We Got to our temple every now and then but I'm not very religious and don't follow all parts of the religion .

I'd say that I'm a 'casual Sikh' ... The same way most people that say that they are Christian are 'casual Christians' lol
Is anyone which has applied to Jesus College able to log into Jnet?
Thanks.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by jchap9776
Tbf that's a great choice! Lots of dancing to that one I'm sure haha

Haha yeah, it's always played at Chelsea when I go and I do love a bit of ska

Posted from TSR Mobile
One more week...? Nope, one more DAY!

Good luck everyone :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CheIIe
Melbourne VIC:smile:

Did you have your interview in Melbourne or Sydney? Cus if you were in Sydney I might've seen you :smile: Also, do you mind if I ask for your ATAR? Just out of curiosity haha :colondollar:
Original post by jneill
Staff intercepting post is a sackable offence. But good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I asked him this morning but he ain't got a shift so I'm gna have to wait till tmmrw!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by physicsmaths
I asked him this morning but he ain't got a shift so I'm gna have to wait till tmmrw!

Ha!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone else freaking! Never been more nervous...
Reply 1789
Just a quick reminder, folks - please don't discuss any specific details of your interviews - remember that you signed up to a confidentiality clause on this point!
Original post by CheIIe
I was behaving way over-confident, kept laughing and smiling hysterically and God knows i was nervous as...
The questions were really general but I actually know some contextual and historical knowledge and wish to convey some of my opinions in my interview:smile: But yeah all of my interviewees are really nice and encouraging, so I have no idea how exactly they thought of me.
My portfolio is half 2D and half 3D. i don't really have any decent architecture drawings so i guess my rejection would be justified.
What about you? What was the interview like? Thought it might vary from college to college.:smile:

My interviewees were also smiley and encouraging, so I decided that smile is the new poker face. I was partially relaxed because I got to spend time with students and recieve advice the night before. In the first interview I basically felt my brain frying and I had to say I don't know a couple of times and I even went blank once. There were thinking questions. The second interview was really okay, I recovered my speaking fluence and I just had to present my portfolio and speak about my passion. I only had an A3 portfolio, mostly with 3D work such as sculptures or projects and two sketchbooks to show the process behind the works I presented. And of course, as anyone else I am almost certain I will not be accepted. I said 'omg' in front of my interviewee in the first interview and I made a lot of mistakes.
I don't know what to do...
Reply 1792
Original post by ianna.andreea
My interviewees were also smiley and encouraging, so I decided that smile is the new poker face. I was partially relaxed because I got to spend time with students and recieve advice the night before. In the first interview I basically felt my brain frying and I had to say I don't know a couple of times and I even went blank once. There were thinking questions. The second interview was really okay, I recovered my speaking fluence and I just had to present my portfolio and speak about my passion. I only had an A3 portfolio, mostly with 3D work such as sculptures or projects and two sketchbooks to show the process behind the works I presented. And of course, as anyone else I am almost certain I will not be accepted. I said 'omg' in front of my interviewee in the first interview and I made a lot of mistakes.

I know exactly what you mean. I was so nervous that I made a mistake along the lines of 2x3=18
Original post by zordman
Is anyone which has applied to Jesus College able to log into Jnet?
Thanks.

.. I applied to Jesus but I didn't get anything related to Jnet :O

Maybe cause I had an overseas interview..

What did u use the Jnet for thou?
Original post by grammar12
I don't have a hope in hell in getting an offer, low UMS, okay interviews but a terrible written assessment. I don't think there is any point in even opening the letter but oh well! Good luck guys
I have extremely low UMS as well and I'm applying for English - just remember that getting rejected from Cambridge doesn't make you stupid!!
Original post by ChemPrince
.. I applied to Jesus but I didn't get anything related to Jnet :O

Maybe cause I had an overseas interview..

What did u use the Jnet for thou?

Well, when I applied i got an email with my login details and it was basically a place where Jesus College can give you information about the interview e.g. Interview format, when certain subjects have their interviews, what the winter pool was.

But I think for current Jesus Students it probably has other uses.
I guess the letters are on their way...
:eek: :eek2: :eek3: :eek4:
Original post by RainbowVeins
I guess the letters are on their way...
:eek: :eek2: :eek3: :eek4:

What time are they sent?
Original post by zordman
Well, when I applied i got an email with my login details and it was basically a place where Jesus College can give you information about the interview e.g. Interview format, when certain subjects have their interviews, what the winter pool was.

But I think for current Jesus Students it probably has other uses.

oh.... i didnt get anything other than the application acknowledgement and copies of A level certificates...
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Nostr
I know exactly what you mean. I was so nervous that I made a mistake along the lines of 2x3=18

Exactly. And after the interview I kept wondering how the heck was it possible to forget the most essential things. Maybe we were the less messed up in the interviews and we'll get a surprise admission. *hoping for the best, keeping strong*

Latest

Trending

Trending