Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge

Clare College (Cambridge) Students and Applicants

Scroll to see replies

mtgsgirl
Oh yeah, Kings is absolutely gorgeous!
I'm sure you will from what I can see your definitely tough competition :smile:
I however need to stop getting my heart set on Cambridge, there are so many good medical applicants out there...:yes:

kings is a dump :wink:

jesus is where its at! :biggrin:
we actually have amazing medics this year
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge
Reply 981
I got into Clare without telling them I played an instrument. I don't think they care.
Reply 982
didgeridoo12uk
kings is a dump :wink:

jesus is where its at! :biggrin:
we actually have amazing medics this year

:yukky: What you talkin' about man?? :lolwut: :lol:
Reply 983
Oh that's good, at least I know I wont be at a disadvantage because of my lack of musical ability
mtgsgirl
Oh that's good, at least I know I wont be at a disadvantage because of my lack of musical ability

Where did you get the ridiculous notion that Clare was a music college from anyway?
lol I doubt they'd care. Really.

Or you can consider coming to MY college :biggrin: haha jk
Reply 986
Radeon.2009
Where did you get the ridiculous notion that Clare was a music college from anyway?

Clare is a very musical college, that's not ridiculous at all. The choir is of a very high standard and the college musical society is also very good (and very exclusive :mad: ). There are a lot of very talented singers and instrumentalists. It was one of my main reasons for choosing Clare.

However, there are also plenty of people unable to hold a tune or play Chopsticks. Musical ability has no bearing on your admission (except for Music, obviously), especially for something like Medicine, so if you like Clare, apply there!
Reply 987
Narik
I just met one. :yep:

So did I:eek:
Reply 988
Who's excited?!?!?! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: yeyewoohoo
Reply 989
Did anyone come to the maths open day at Clare?
Reply 990
around
Did anyone come to the maths open day at Clare?

Yeh :wink:
Is all accomadation in College at Clare?
Reply 992
hunter'sdaughter
Is all accomadation in College at Clare?

Yes and no.

It is all in college-owned buildings, so nobody has to live out in private accommodation. But it is not all on one site. First years live mostly in Memorial Court, which is on Queen's road just across the river from Old Court. Second and third years, depending on their position in the room ballot, either live in the Colony up on Chesterton Road, about 10 minutes walk from the main bit of college, or in Old Court itself. If you stay in Cambridge for clinicals (you're a medic, right?) then for the last 3 years they have two houses down near Addenbrooke's on Queen Edith's Way where you live (assuming there's space; a few people had to live out).

You can see where the colony is on a little map here
Reply 993
Some 2nd and 3rd years also live in Mem, either through choice or being really unlucky and low down in the ballot.
Is Clare just like a slightly larger Trinity Hall?
Because Trinty Hall has such a good atmosphere and socially the people that tend to go there seem so cool and fun, and I want to know if Clare is basically just like this except bigger?
Helenia
Yes and no.

It is all in college-owned buildings, so nobody has to live out in private accommodation. But it is not all on one site. First years live mostly in Memorial Court, which is on Queen's road just across the river from Old Court. Second and third years, depending on their position in the room ballot, either live in the Colony up on Chesterton Road, about 10 minutes walk from the main bit of college, or in Old Court itself. If you stay in Cambridge for clinicals (you're a medic, right?) then for the last 3 years they have two houses down near Addenbrooke's on Queen Edith's Way where you live (assuming there's space; a few people had to live out).

You can see where the colony is on a little map here

Thank you!!
Reply 996
hunter'sdaughter
Is Clare just like a slightly larger Trinity Hall?
Because Trinty Hall has such a good atmosphere and socially the people that tend to go there seem so cool and fun, and I want to know if Clare is basically just like this except bigger?

Clare is much, much more awesome. :mad: There was quite a lot of rivalry between the two when I was an undergrad, especially between the boat clubs, but I think it's died down a bit now.

We also have a better bar, better May Ball, better gardens, and our second year accommodation is less far out of town (some of their students have to go and live far away on Huntingdon Road, IIRC). But atmosphere-wise you are right, they seem fairly similar.
Helenia
Clare is much, much more awesome. There was quite a lot of rivalry between the two when I was an undergrad, especially between the boat clubs, but I think it's died down a bit now.

We also have a better bar, better May Ball, better gardens, and our second year accommodation is less far out of town (some of their students have to go and live far away on Huntingdon Road, IIRC). But atmosphere-wise you are right, they seem fairly similar.

There was also the business with the Clare cat, IIRC...
Reply 998
FadeToBlackout
There was also the business with the Clare cat, IIRC...

Yes, but given that happened before I matriculated, I didn't want to show my age too much... :o: I rather assumed people had forgotten by now.
Right so I just got my accommodation info through. I'm in T7; what's T staircase like? Am I on the ground floor?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending