The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

trust me, i know what u mean

im no where near as smart as people here, but people say im kinda smart at my school (kinda smart)

dont worry, ur exam results are great
Reply 2
gunners r us
trust me, i know what u mean

im no where near as smart as people here, but people say im kinda smart at my school (kinda smart)

dont worry, ur exam results are great

Thanks. In my school they are pretty decent results, but looking at peoples sigs on here they are absolute *******s.
Reply 3
No this is a tiny fraction of the student population and the reason most of them accrue good grades is because they put a lot of time and effort into their studies. In today's education system, brains counts for little vis-a-vis good cramming abilities.
Reply 4
dnt worry wt other people are getting lol this site is full of people who are top in their schooletc. their grades are to be expected
Reply 5
Generally, people who care enough about education to voluntarily discuss them online are people who care about their schoolwork - and so TSR users tend to have higher than average results. TSR is extremely skewed in terms of academic results so there is no need to feel inferior or anything! I believe some people do make their results up (which is extremely sad), but I can normally guess who is blatently lying and who is not.
Reply 6
Seriously though, some people must make them up on here, especially n00bs who only have 10 posts and have got 11 A*'s, 5 A's at AS and predicted 5 A's at A2. :rolleyes: But remember the majority of people on here are extremely academic, and it can easily be expected that people are getting the top grades. :smile: Don't worry though, your grades are great, it's easy to get wound into the whole TSR world. :biggrin:
Reply 7
I'm sure there are people that make it up, and you have to take into account that most of the time the people who are putting their grades into their sig are (on some level) showing off.

You're grades are really good :smile:
Although I'm sure some people will make up results, why they'd want to do so to attempt to impress strangers escapes me :p:
Reply 9
Excalibur
Generally, people who care enough about education to voluntarily discuss them online are people who care about their schoolwork - and so TSR users tend to have higher than average results. TSR is extremely skewed in terms of academic results so there is no need to feel inferior or anything! I believe some people do make their results up (which is extremely sad), but I can normally guess who is blatently lying and who is not.

yeah what he said.

The people who have the best grades also tend to flaunt them. Which, I think, is quite sad...
Vazzyb
yeah what he said.

Excalibur is a girl! :wink::p:
Reply 11
My s key does that sometimes.

Wow - you do a lot of ASes - and good ones.
Thanks - GS not until next year though - we have to do crappy Key Skills this year :rolleyes:
Reply 13
'Mathematics, Further Mathematics'

:smile:
:smile:
TSR is in no way representative of the student population as a whole. As Excalibur said, only people who really care about their education and want to do well will come on a site like this, meaning they get far better results than average. When you remember that the national average grade at GCSE is a C/D and at A-level it's probably a D, your grades are really good, so don't feel bad about them. Comparing your graes to people on here will just lower your confidence and depress you, so instead, just try to be proud of what you've achieved :smile:
Reply 16
I think most people on this site are oxford standard, everyone seems to have A*S and A's.
Reply 17
You have achieved good grades and have obviously worked hard for them. Not everyone on TSR is of the highest academic ability, but a lot of the website members do have very high grades.
Reply 18
My results were average, and I got the same feeling as you when I joined.

Some people make it up; some people are good; some people are insecure so they have to advertise it at every given opportunity.
Reply 19
Socrates
My results were average, and I got the same feeling as you when I joined.

Some people make it up; some people are good; some people are insecure so they have to advertise it at every given opportunity.

yer i h ave a feeling some people make it up

Latest

Trending

Trending