The Student Room Group

Feminists are failures!

"I listen to feminists and all these radical gals - most of them are failures. They've blown it. Some of them have been married, but they married some Casper Milquetoast who asked permission to go to the bathroom. These women just need a man in the house. That's all they need. Most of the feminists need a man to tell them what time of day it is and to lead them home. And they blew it and they're mad at all men. Feminists hate men. They're sexist. They hate men - that's their problem." - Jerry Falwell

What d'yall reckon to this?

Scroll to see replies

matt@internet
"I listen to feminists and all these radical gals - most of them are failures. They've blown it. Some of them have been married, but they married some Casper Milquetoast who asked permission to go to the bathroom. These women just need a man in the house. That's all they need. Most of the feminists need a man to tell them what time of day it is and to lead them home. And they blew it and they're mad at all men. Feminists hate men. They're sexist. They hate men - that's their problem." - Jerry Falwell

What d'yall reckon to this?

well im obviously not a feminist, cos i :love: men :blush:
unfinished sympathy
well im obviously not a feminist, cos i :love: men :blush:

Cocks own! :cool:
Reply 3
A feminist is someone who believes in equal rights for women. A man can technically be a feminist.
tis_me_lord
Cocks own! :cool:

:p: what does that mean? if it agrees with my statement then ;yes; :p:
Reply 5
yeah we should all turn into masculinists

i mean, male chauvinists.
anjurdsg
yeah we should all turn into masculinists

i mean, male chauvinists.

i dunno there is somethign quite sexy about strong men! hence my avatar^ :love:
Reply 7
That's ridiculous.

I consider myself a feminist, and no, I'm not a man-hating, butch dyke!

There's a huge misconception about the term feminist, it has such a stigma attached to it, feminists strive for the equality of both sexes.
Evil-Tuna
A feminist is someone who believes in equal rights for women. A man can technically be a feminist.

Correction: A feminist is someone who thinks she believes in equal rights for women, or who says she does; in reality, however, they are selfish, and focus only on areas in which men appear (not necessarily actually have) to have the upper hand, ignoring totally areas highlighted in which women enjoy the privileges. Most feministic arguments I've come across have been pathetic to the point of being utterly pitiful.

Feminism has done some good; there was, in my opinion, a clear need for it, back in the 1960s, and is still such a need in other areas of the world. In the western world in 2006, however, any woman who claims to be a feminist is rather self-serving an individual.
IAmFaye
feminists strive for the equality of both sexes.

Yeah; like the BNP strive for equality for all races, in Britain.
Reply 10
dyslexic_banana
Yeah; like the BNP strive for equality for all races, in Britain.

http://www.answers.com/feminism&r=67

"fem·i·nism (fĕm'ə-nĭz'əm) pronunciation
n.

1. Belief in the social, political, and economic equality of the sexes.
2. The movement organized around this belief."
Yeah, right, whatever. Maybe I mean 'feminist', as in the typical woman who calls herself such; be this in keeping with the definition, or otherwise. My main point is that rambling on about areas (or area, as the case often seems to be) in which women appear to be disadvantaged, whilst ignoring totally areas in which men are (even if presented to one, in the form of a logical argument), isn't my idea of striving for equality. If more feminists would argue about men being paid more than women, but also about things which disadvantage men (divorce settlements, custody cases and advertisments, to name but a few), then I would respect them more; as things stand, however, they seem deaf to argument, and believe only what they want to believe.

Insist you want only equality and quote me dictionary definitions all you like, but show me a feminist who actually takes on board arguments which present clear points as regards discrimination against men, or can actually logically oppose all of which if not, and maybe then I'll see feminism in more positive a light. Until such times, however, I shall continue to not be feminism's most greatest of fans.
Reply 12
IAmFaye
http://www.answers.com/feminism&r=67

"fem·i·nism (fĕm'ə-nĭz'əm) pronunciation
n.

1. Belief in the social, political, and economic equality of the sexes.
2. The movement organized around this belief."

Oh come off it. You only have to look at the name to see it isn't exactly all about equality. If you want equality, you are an Egalitarian. Why invent another word which highlights one particular group.

We all know that feminists are a bit mad. I'd steer well clear of them...
Reply 13
dyslexic_banana
Correction: A feminist is someone who thinks she believes in equal rights for women, or who says she does; in reality, however, they are selfish, and focus only on areas in which men appear (not necessarily actually have) to have the upper hand, ignoring totally areas highlighted in which women enjoy the privileges. Most feministic arguments I've come across have been pathetic to the point of being utterly pitiful.

Feminism has done some good; there was, in my opinion, a clear need for it, back in the 1960s, and is still such a need in other areas of the world. In the western world in 2006, however, any woman who claims to be a feminist is rather self-serving an individual.

there are different types of feminists, you get more radical ones. And in the 60s for example some feminists considered that American counterparts took the whole issue too far and the label of extremism got lumbered with feminist.

Its not clear cut, there are many different angles and degrees on the spectrum etc.
Reply 14
dyslexic_banana
Yeah, right, whatever. Maybe I mean 'feminist', as in the typical woman who calls herself such; be this in keeping with the definition, or otherwise. My main point is that rambling on about areas (or area, as the case often seems to be) in which women appear to be disadvantaged, whilst ignoring totally areas in which men are (even if presented to one, in the form of a logical argument), isn't my idea of striving for equality. If more feminists would argue about men being paid more than women, but also about things which disadvantage men (divorce settlements, custody cases and advertisments, to name but a few), then I would respect them more; as things stand, however, they seem deaf to argument, and believe only what they want to believe.

Insist you want only equality and quote me dictionary definitions all you like, but show me a feminist who actually takes on board arguments which present clear points as regards discrimination against men, or can actually logically oppose all of which if not, and maybe then I'll see feminism in more positive a light. Until such times, however, I shall continue to not be feminism's most greatest of fans.

Oh, wow, the generalisations in that..!

And you say that feminists pose weak arguments, when you start off one with "Yeah, right, whatever". Ha.

I consider myself a 'nice' feminist :rolleyes: , equality for all, I say.
Reply 15
Lib North
Oh come off it. You only have to look at the name to see it isn't exactly all about equality. If you want equality, you are an Egalitarian. Why invent another word which highlights one particular group.

We all know that feminists are a bit mad. I'd steer well clear of them...

They're all lesbians too. :rolleyes:
IAmFaye
Oh, wow, the generalisations in that..!

And you say that feminists pose weak arguments, when you start off one with "Yeah, right, whatever". Ha.

I consider myself a 'nice' feminist :rolleyes: , equality for all, I say.

Does it matter how I start an argument? I actually said more than that, if you look. Very typical that the 'don't generalise!!!!' argument should be used; Jesus, am I the only one who gets sick of people rambling on about generalisations? It seems to stifle debate; a knee-jerk reaction, which avoids the addressing of certain issues, attacking a person rather than his or her argument. "Black people average less intelligent than white people", "Don't generalise!!!!". "Black people commit more crime than do white people", "Don't generalise!!!". "Muslims seem prone to acts of terrorism", "Don't generalise!!!". "Feminists seem to lack logical argument", "Don't generalise!!!". Please, somebody ban that Godforsaken word. I say what I have, because I've been unable to find a feminist (out of many I've 'come across') who poses good arguments.

My point is this: in 2006, almost anyone who feels the need to call herself a 'feminist', is selfish. In the 1960s, the name was appropriate, as things needed to change to be fairer towards women; as I say, I agree with the more traditional concept of feminism. But to be a self-confessed feminist, as if society is so terribly sexist against women, when there are actually many areas in which women blatantly have the upper hand, is self-serving. Feminism is no longer needed, in our society; it made good progress for women, and I'm glad it did, but it's been taken too far. If you're so concerned about equality, and nothing more, then take heed of what that 'Lib_North' guy has said, put your bras back on and pay a trip to the cinema to see 'Borat: Cultural Learnings of America for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan'.
Reply 17
dyslexic_banana
Does it matter how I start an argument? I actually said more than that, if you look. Very typical that the 'don't generalise!!!!' argument should be used; Jesus, am I the only one who gets sick of people rambling on about generalisations? It seems to stifle debate; a knee-jerk reaction, which avoids the addressing of certain issues, attacking a person rather than his or her argument. "Black people average less intelligent than white people", "Don't generalise!!!!". "Black people commit more crime than do white people", "Don't generalise!!!". "Muslims seem prone to acts of terrorism", "Don't generalise!!!". "Feminists seem to lack logical argument", "Don't generalise!!!". Please, somebody ban that Godforsaken word. I say what I have, because I've been unable to find a feminist (out of many I've 'come across') who poses good arguments.

My point is this: in 2006, almost anyone who feels the need to call herself a 'feminist', is selfish. In the 1960s, the name was appropriate, as things needed to change to be fairer towards women; as I say, I agree with the more traditional concept of feminism. But to be a self-confessed feminist, as if society is so terribly sexist against women, when there are actually many areas in which women blatantly have the upper hand, is self-serving. Feminism is no longer needed, in our society; it made good progress for women, and I'm glad it did, but it's been taken too far. If you're so concerned about equality, and nothing more, then take heed of what that 'Lib_North' guy has said, put your bras back on and pay a trip to the cinema to see 'Borat'.

"Ooh, she's pulling out the generalising card" - that in it self is a weak argument, you posted a few stereotypical views, therefore my use of the term 'generalisation' is completely correct, the way you are discouraging it just shows that you can't handle it due to your ignorance.

Women may have the 'upper hand' in some areas to day, in certain parts of the world. However, women are still far from equal to men in many aspects, all over the world. Feminism is still needed, for example, abortion wouldn't even exist in many countries if it wasn't around.

You're still using a lot of GENERALISING examples in your responses, again making your argument bias, less justifiable and basically, pathetic.

Also, if you want your argument to be seen as 'worthy', despite the GENERALISATIONS, I do think that the start of it should sound more grown up than "Yeah, right, whatever." However, that does sound like you can't admit that I am correct, so please, start more sentences off really petty and childish like that.
IAmFaye
Women may have the 'upper hand' in some areas to day, in certain parts of the world. However, women are still far from equal to men in many aspects, all over the world. Feminism is still needed, for example, abortion wouldn't even exist in many countries if it wasn't around.

I agree; this is why I referred to the "Western world".

Her
You're still using a lot of GENERALISING examples in your responses, again making your argument bias, less justifiable and basically, pathetic.

But ALL people generalise!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also, if you want your argument to be seen as 'worthy', despite the GENERALISATIONS, I do think that the start of it should sound more grown up than "Yeah, right, whatever." However, that does sound like you can't admit that I am correct, so please, start more sentences off really petty and childish like that.

Yeah, right, whatever!!!!!!
Reply 19
dyslexic_banana
I agree; this is why I referred to the "Western world".

But ALL
people generalise!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, right, whatever!!!!!!

The "Western world" is still incredibly flawed.

I'm going to bed, night night.

(And to be honest, having a debate with someone as irrational as you, just isn't worth it!)

Latest

Trending

Trending