The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I don't see why tens, if not hundreds of millions of people would lie about it.
Reply 2
Because they're too afraid to come out of the closet?
and this seems like a sort of "in-betweenish" option for them
Reply 3
Why wouldn't you 'believe' in them? Why can't you like both?
Reply 4
I'd be more inclined to believe that they're heterosexual people "kidding themselves", but never mind.
You think that many people are all afraid to come out of the closet about only liking the same sex, but aren't afraid to admit they do like the same sex as well as the opposite sex?

Seems very unlikely to me.
Reply 6
But why would a hetrosexual be "kidding himself"? its not like his situation is socially unacceptable is it?
for gay ppl, unfortunately, they're seen as outcasts by so many and maybe would be inclined to "kid themselves" in the process of trying to fit in better
Reply 7
What do you mean, believe? Like do I believe in Santa Claus, or ghosts?

And what makes you think by declaring yourself to be bisexual that you're in a closet? They're admitting they have a sexual attraction to both sexes. How is that in denial?
Reply 8
Eblis_O'_Shaughnessy
You think that many people are all afraid to come out of the closet about only liking the same sex, but aren't afraid to admit they do like the same sex as well as the opposite sex?

Seems very unlikely to me.

Nooooo thats not what i'm trying to say. what i'm trying to sa is that there are no people that like "the same sex as well as the opposite sex", these people are infact people who only like the same sex, but are using this "bisexual" thing as a cover....
Reply 9
They exist, it's not about believing or not believing.
nik89
Nooooo thats not what i'm trying to say. what i'm trying to sa is that there are no people that like "the same sex as well as the opposite sex", these people are infact people who only like the same sex, but are using this "bisexual" thing as a cover....

Which is exactly what I just questioned. Read it again:

nik89
I personally think they're just gay ppl too afraid to come out of the closet.
What would make you a great authority on the matter?
Reply 12
As a cover for what exactly? They're admitting they like the same sex so they're hardly trying to cover that up.
Reply 13
Eblis_O'_Shaughnessy
Which is exactly what I just questioned. Read it again:

Oh....sorry i read it wrong the first time.

well yeah thats what i think it is
Reply 14
nik89
But why would a hetrosexual be "kidding himself"? its not like his situation is socially unacceptable is it?
for gay ppl, unfortunately, they're seen as outcasts by so many and maybe would be inclined to "kid themselves" in the process of trying to fit in better

Give your average heterosexual sex-deprived teenager the chance to screw, and quite often they'll take it regardless of the gender, putting it down to "confusion" later in life. :wink:
Reply 15
rosetinted
What would make you a great authority on the matter?

Nothing. I'm not a great authority.
I'm just stating my opinion and trying to start an interesting debate.
:hahaha:
nik89
So you think that people say "I sleep with people of both sexes" to cover up the fact that they sleep with people of the same sex? Makes no sense.
Reply 17
There are people who like bothe sex. I myself do I was almost in a long term relationship with a girl once just some guy got me before she had the chance But what makes you think its just gay people disguising it?
Reply 18
foxo
Give your average heterosexual sex-deprived teenager the chance to screw, and quite often they'll take it regardless of the gender, putting it down to "confusion" later in life. :wink:

Interesting point
Reply 19
nik89
Because they're too afraid to come out of the closet?
and this seems like a sort of "in-betweenish" option for them

Right. Except that if you're gay, you're gay, no matter if you're bisexual or not.

Latest

Trending

Trending