The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

the_chauffeur
He's gone through deprived areas convincing they have problems because of minorities, and has been preaching hatred for political gain, ever since be bought "Racism for dummies". He needs to donate his testicular to the NHS, and then be hanged for perverting the land he's trying to "save".

That's not a criminal offence; What does it have to do with the trial?
I was just making a general point.
Reply 22
Griffin, a Cambridge University graduate, and Collett were charged in April 2005 after the BBC screened a secretly filmed documentary "The Secret Agent" in 2004. The programme showed the pair giving anti-Muslim speeches to activists.

With a Third, in Law; whereas Collett ambled (miraculously) away from Leeds bearing his hard-won 2:2. But that's beside the point, obviously.

(Incidentally, I wonder if 'incitment to intermural hatred' is a crime.)
Reply 23
The trial seems pointless. The object of the law in question is to keep the peace, but all it's doing is giving the guy publicity he doesn't deserve.
Profesh
With a Third, in Law; whereas Collett ambled (miraculously) away from Leeds bearing his hard-won 2:2. But that's beside the point, obviously.

Yes. People make an awful lot of fuss about how Nick Griffin got a degree from Cambridge and how therefore everything he says must be intelligent and true. This is, simply put, a laughably false claim.
Reply 25
Not guilty.

FFS our prisons are full enough without putting another tard behind bars. He is an irrelevent little man
Reply 26
The_Bear
Not guilty.

FFS our prisons are full enough without putting another tard behind bars. He is an irrelevent little man

A tard who is also a very appealing orator to the mentally challenged. very good point Bear.
Reply 27
Agent Smith
He's guilty of Behaviour Likely to Cause a Breach of the Peace.

Surely that happens every time a man steps into a pub and orders a drink?
Reply 28
The likelihood of his actions causing harm is presumably considerably greater than those of a man ordering a drink. The harm created is also presumably considerably greater than the harm created by a man ordering a drink.

I still think it's ridiculous to put him on trial though.
Profesh

A third in engineering, actually.
Oswy
Griffin is trying to spread ignorance and hatred, he is the author of everything negative that happens to him, imv.

Oswy.

Now this is true and dangerous. But like I said, surely he was simply preaching to a primed audience?
Meh, I'm not going to vote either way because it's silly without having heard the case and knowing the full facts, all the relevant law, what defences are put, etc.

Bissman
I would have to say Galloway should be in the docks along side this vile human being for also inciting anti semitism and religious hatred against this country.

Galloway should be in the dock for treason.
Reply 32
Agent Smith
Yes. People make an awful lot of fuss about how Nick Griffin got a degree from Cambridge and how therefore everything he says must be intelligent and true. This is, simply put, a laughably false claim.

Which people say that:confused:
Update on the BNP site
http://www.************/news_detail.php?newsId=1223

EDIT: I did not realise links to the BNP site were banned!!!! Oh well you can find it yourself
Reply 33
Thats disgusting censorship, I demand that links to any site are not banned...especially political ones. Smith, make it happen.

All Griffin will do in prison is use his education to recruit and organise racists. Kinda like sending Bin Laden to Guantanamo Bay but releasing him in 6 months time.
happybob
EDIT: I did not realise links to the BNP site were banned!!!! Oh well you can find it yourself

:eek: That's surprising.
Reply 35
Yeah, what's all that about? Why censor the URL of their website, but not the name of their party? Why censor any of it?
Ask A D&D Mod, preferably Bismarck, because I've no idea what's going on with that.
The_Bear
Thats disgusting censorship, I demand that links to any site are not banned...especially political ones. Smith, make it happen.

All Griffin will do in prison is use his education to recruit and organise racists. Kinda like sending Bin Laden to Guantanamo Bay but releasing him in 6 months time.
True true. Where was Mein Kampf written? That's right.
"We find many things to which the prohibition of them constitutes the only temptation." William Hazlitt

It's a stupid law, the kind of authoritarian legislation that is probably responsible for much of the BNP's recent success. If Griffin is found guilty then we'll probably see quite a singificant spout of growth for his Party.
Thud
what? using words intended to deliberately incite racial hatred? how is that a "stupid law"?

It's vague and unnecessary. Besides, people should be allowed to "hate" whoever the hell they like, they might have good reason to. Do you even know what constitutes "hate"? I don't think many people do.

I'm against all "inciting hatred" laws, especially "incitement of religious hatred", they are vague and set a dangerous precedent.

I suppose words intended to incite violence is also a "stupid law"? :rolleyes:

Why do you suppose that? :confused:

Latest

Trending

Trending