The Student Room Group

Would five A levels be manageable?

For A Level I've been thinking about taking:

- Maths
- Physics
- Chemistry
- Biology
- Art

They're all really demanding subjects but I'm wondering if there's anyone who has done similar and what peoples opinions are on this considering that I want to make a realistic decision when it comes to my A levels. I know some may suggest to take all five and then drop one but the only problem is that I wouldn't know which one to drop... Thanks for all help
(in my person opinion)

Art is an extremely time consuming option if you were to do 3 A Levels.

3 sciences would be a very time consuming decision if you were to do 3 A levels.

Together? Probably one of the toughest sets of options to choose. And that's before we include Maths..

5 is too many. If you are extremely intelligent, organised and motivated then do 4.
I don't know why people want to do 5. No university demands more than 3 A levels, taking more than that is just unecessary work imo. If you really want to, if you're a masochist or something' go ahead but I don't see the point.

Also, those subjects are really time consuming. Don't do it.
I'll say again that A levels are changing in September (except maths on your list) and there is no-one on here that has taken 5 linear A levels.

When A levels were linear (before 2000) few people did 4 so I think 5 is unrealistic. Art is very time consuming ao I'd just have it as a hobby, unless you need it for the degree you want to study.

Quick Reply

Latest