The Student Room Group

Starting ACCA before applying for grad jobs (already employed)

Hi, I'm an accounting graduate who is working in insolvency in a top 10 accounting firm. It wasn't my first area of accounting to get into but I applied where I could in a competitive market. and after a year I can say it's been a valuable experience.

My job doesn't offer ACA/ACCA training, but I'm interested in self-studying ACCA.

As it is likely that I would want to work in a different accounting area in the future, I know I would have to start at entry-level/grad level. If I have already started studying ACCA and just done a few exams, would I still be able to apply for other junior/grad level jobs in other firms without it being a hindrance?

I know that some firms will have graduate jobs with training contracts and I'm not sure if they would look at a part-qualified ACCA as an asset, or someone they can't mold as a fresh graduate training for their first professional qualification.

I'm mainly thinking of grad roles as I love working in practice with a firm, and if I leave insolvency for another area, I don't think I would suit experienced hire.

Does anyone have any advise or been in a similar situation?
Reply 1
How long have you been working there? As for a transfer? or to be sponsored..

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending