The Student Room Group

How would you spend £1500?

Hiya need some advice. My school is giving people grants of up to £1500 to do pretty much whatever you want with in the summer holidays if they consider it worthwhile for example say you land to study ancient history you can visit the ruins in Athens or something. For various reason I can no longer do the thing I wanted to do (volunteering with children in the Philippines) so need ideas! What would you do? It has to be based around either land (like travelling), sea (for example scuba diving) or air (such as getting pilots license) and can't excede £1500, though of course it can be less.

Thanks!
What do you want to do in the future? Do you have any particular career plans? What are your friends doing (e.g. could you go on a joint holiday somewhere)?
Original post by dragonkeeper999
What do you want to do in the future? Do you have any particular career plans? What are your friends doing (e.g. could you go on a joint holiday somewhere)?

I want to do either law or zoology (very different I know haha!). Most haven't decided what they want to do yet but some are planning on doing a tour of ancient ruins in Turkey.
Original post by BrightonDunkley
I want to do either law or zoology (very different I know haha!). Most haven't decided what they want to do yet but some are planning on doing a tour of ancient ruins in Turkey.

Well, I don't know much about law, but for zoology you could consider travelling somewhere to investigate biodiversity? There are lots of organisations offering things like volunteering to save turtles/ gorillas/ other interesting animals abroad, and while these seem to be money-making voluntourism schemes to me, a few might be worthwhile looking into...

Quick Reply

Latest