The Student Room Group

I never seem to get called good looking or intelligent, this makes me feel sad :(

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TorpidPhil
Dreaming about being different from how he is will not do anything for his confidence.

The first step to being confident is being introspective and knowing fine well what your best qualities and worst qualities are, making adjustments where possible and then making the best out of what you have thereafter.

With that comes an inevitable confidence boost and with confidence life is much easier.

certainly, but I honestly think OP is so anxious and insecure that he needs counselling to learn how to implement what you just said-then from there, he can project higher value.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by TorpidPhil
Why do you value sexual attractivity and intelligence over your other qualities? Merely because you lack them? Are you charismatic? Empathetic? Moral? All very good qualities. They will take you quite far in life too.
I don't necessarily value them higher although the two that I lack are quite important (also forgot to mention in the OP that I lack self-confidence, although most people probably know that by now :lol: & some work ethic as I can often be a bit...well lazy :redface:).
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Smash Bandicoot
certainly, but I honestly think OP is so anxious and insecure that he needs counselling to learn how to implement what you just said-then from there, he can project higher value.
I dunno really, in real life with the people I'm close to I seem fine & normal, it's just when I'm on my own that I can feel a bit down. I need to somehow create a positive mindset & make sure that I'm the best person I can be. Some people might still not appreciate me but then I guess I just have to surround myself around people that do & give off positive vibes! :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Multitalented me
I dunno really, in real life with the people I'm close to I seem fine & normal, it's just when I'm on that I can feel a bit down. I need to somehow create a positive mindset & make sure that I'm the best person I can be. Some people might still not appreciate me but then I guess I just have to surround myself around people that do & give off positive vibes! :smile:

so the problem is the Internet, but like me you keep coming back for more? Definitely underlying insecurities and it's residue of your social anxiety on the periphery I guarantee

Please, just consider what I said. They can help you set very tangible goals to reach confidence.
so the problem is the Internet, but like me you keep coming back for more? Definitely underlying insecurities and it's residue of your social anxiety on the periphery I guarantee

Please, just consider what I said. They can help you set very tangible goals to reach confidence.
Sorry that was supposed to say "on my own" haha :tongue: Well I just go on the internet to pass the time really, as atm I don't work that many hours plus don't know many people to hang out with at this exact moment in time. I will consider it aha :smile:
Haha give it to him give truth make it hurt until he changes

Seriously you should call the Samaritans, im worried for you.
Original post by sherlockfan
Seriously you should call the Samaritans, im worried for you.

I was having quite intense thoughts earlier, Ive now mellowed out but need to get the confidence to come off the computer. Which I seem to lack :/

edit: I doubt this 'is X better than Y' thing is going to get put to bed overnight mind
Sorry that was supposed to say "on my own" haha :tongue: Well I just go on the internet to pass the time really, as atm I don't work that many hours plus don't know many people to hang out with at this exact moment in time. I will consider it aha :smile:

as suspected you are, like myself, insatiably needy. Therapy will help with that :smile: (don't be put off by the stigma attached to the term it's just talking about feelings with someone else :tongue:)
I was having quite intense thoughts earlier, Ive now mellowed out but need to get the confidence to come off the computer. Which I seem to lack :/

edit: I doubt this 'is X better than Y' thing is going to get put to bed overnight mind

If these thoughts are causing you to self harm I seriously recommend you seek help as a matter of urgency. And not from tsr.
Original post by sherlockfan
If these thoughts are causing you to self harm I seriously recommend you seek help as a matter of urgency. And not from tsr.

not recently, a few months ago around summer when I was neck-deep in Redpill…I think I was making a point today that's all. But thank you for your concern.
not recently, a few months ago around summer when I was neck-deep in Redpill…I think I was making a point today that's all. But thank you for your concern.

OK well I just hope your mental health team know about it.
I haven't quit on life aha :tongue: I've still been following the thread. I just wanted to get a gauge all the views of different people. Some people are more blunt then others that's for sure :tongue: I'm thankful for the positive replies though :smile: I don't think I've posted that many "self pitying" threads to be honest & certainly not recently.

It's just that I can't help the way I feel sometimes & feel a bit trapped with not many other people for support, however I admit positing a thread with a bunch of strangers might not be the best place as there's bound to be some replies that might hurt me inside. However I guess I just have to grow a thicker skin & deal with it. Hopefully it will make me stronger as a person :h:

You can post whatever you like as long as it's not against TSR rules. Your posts are not self pitying but are asking for support and advice on difficult subject. Most people would not reply to such a thread in a nasty manner(or 'harsh' as some like to disguise nasty remarks as). If you don't like a thread you don't have to reply to it.
I go on forums a lot when I have a problem or feel down. They are suppsoed to be a place for support and interaction. It's not easy to find people To talk to in person so forums are great for that.

As for not replying to threads. You have no duty to reply to any threads you started. I never defen myself from 'harsh' (nasty) comments. I ignore them completely. It's the best way
Ugh. Thread crashed at page 2. :sigh: Anyway, I agree with Anhar's first post.
Reply 113
can you explain which is the way it goes, the last sentence of my post? :tongue:

The first part of your post. The "sympathy comments are lies" bit isn't true in my opinion, as lying requires a deceptive intent, which I don't believe is the case here.
Original post by miser
The first part of your post. The "sympathy comments are lies" bit isn't true in my opinion, as lying requires a deceptive intent, which I don't believe is the case here.

Ahh, so I have had my achievements validated by the great Miser? :awesome:
keep calm and play little big planet.
Original post by Angelo12231
keep calm and play little big planet.

what if sack people are more aesthetic than u
Aye it's a tricky one. Redpill has no soul mind.

Can you tell me where you were going what 'what do you consider good enough, when will you be good enough'?

Well nobody has it all. if you're a nice person, you're a trainee teacher, all the rest of it (I can't be bothered to find the quote) why do you need to be called intelligent and good looking as well, etc? And also just because people don't SAY it to you doesn't mean you aren't. People don't tell me on a daily basis that I'm intelligent but I know I am, I have a 2.1 law degree from an RG uni. You have a 2.1 degree from an RG uni and you're pursuing a career you chose - what more do you want? A Nobel prize? To be a top model?

If you stop basing your self-worth on other people's views you will be infinitely happier.
what if sack people are more aesthetic than u

Pahaha I doubt it :3
Original post by AnharM
All your threads on TSR just reeks of desperation mate...seriously get a grip and sort your life out.

This man speaks the truth!

Quick Reply

Latest