The Student Room Group

GSK Brentford Placement- Accommodation help?

Hello,

I've got a placement starting in June 2015 with GSK and wondered if anyone has any advice on finding accommodation in the Brentford area that's cheap and safe.

Any past/current placement students that can tell me how they went about finding people to house share with would be great.

Thanks x
Reply 1
Original post by jm962
Hello,

I've got a placement starting in June 2015 with GSK and wondered if anyone has any advice on finding accommodation in the Brentford area that's cheap and safe.

Any past/current placement students that can tell me how they went about finding people to house share with would be great.

Thanks x

Hey, I'm also starting at Brentford in June as well :smile: I'm in the same situation and don't really know where to start in terms of finding a place to live. I have a feeling that they will be adding us placement students to a FB group, where we can then find people to live with and probably organise it together.

I also don't know if placement students live in Brentford or commute in, as all accommodation's looking pretty pricey at the moment.
Reply 2
I think I would rather live pretty near to GSK house to avoid paying hefty travel fares in peak times. I did consider commuting from home, but would have ended up being 1h50 each way- not exactly worth it!

Ah I recently did get added into a FB group by someone else on my course who is going to working at the stevenage GSK. I'm sure you will get added in soon :smile: Just is a bit confusing as there are quite a few people obviously all going to be at different GSKs, hopefully they will do just a Brentford one, which will make it much easier.
Hi,

Not sure if you've found anywhere yet (as I see you posted this a while ago), but I have a double room to rent in Hanwell, which is very close to Brentford. I have an advert on spareroom.com, but if you're still looking (or know anyone else) then do get in touch and I can send photos and more info.

If not hope the placement goes well!

Stacey
Reply 4
No I haven't! Oo this sounds very interesting!
Thanks, Janette
Reply 5
Hi!! I'm an italian girl and from Genuary 2016 to the first days of April 2016 I will do an internship in GSK HOUSE- Brentford, at the moment I'm starting to search an accomodation (cheaper as possible)! If someone could help me, please contact me or add me in the facebook group you were talking about!
(edited 8 years ago)
I’m interested

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending